Chapter 5

Gulf's POV

"Good sleep last night right, P? Then why are you here? Why are you here with that IV drip on you?" I asked P'Mew who was looking at the window.

"How long do you intend to hide it from me? You were having nightmares right? Answer me, P!" I was losing my patience with him being quiet.

I sat on the chair next to his bed, and held his hand tightly.

"Gulf, I want to rest.." P'Mew said while trying to loosen the grip of my hand.

"No, P. I am not going anywhere. I am staying here with you. Please tell me, what is bothering you. It hurts me to see you like this. We were fine before this.. But why are you pushing me away now? Tell me. Please" I answered before I realised that my tears had spilled out uncontrollably.

"I'm having nightmares.. Nightmares that involved you in it. I have been having nightmares eversince the controversy happened. But it stopped for a while. But these days, I have been having it again. You were in there, Nong. In that nightmare, we both were having a great time together, until he came. He came, and told you about my wrongdoings. And you left me afterwards.. I do not want that to happen, Gulf. That's why I do not want to get myself attached to you. It will hurt me if that really happens." I froze after hearing P'Mew words. P'Mew was sobbing so hard, grabbing onto my hand tightly.

"But you are hurting me now, P. You distancing yourself from me.. You are building this wall again between us. I don't care about your past. Remember what you told me about my past? You said that you don't care about what people were saying about my past when my photo with Fai came out last year. So now, why should I care about your past? I will be here with you, P. Let me take care of you now. We will get through this together, okay?" I asked.

"You will stay with me? You won't leave?" P'Mew asked while looking right into my eyes.

I smiled.

"Of course, I will stay with you. We will fight this tough time together. We will continue this talk when you are better, because I have so many things to tell you. But now, you need to rest. So, sleep sleep sleep.." I urged P'Mew to close his eyes, so that he could get his well-deserved rest after being so exhausted for the past week.

Seeing how P'Mew smiled and close his eyes to sleep, I stood up from the chair.

"Auu, you said that you won't leave, but you are leaving me now.." P'Mew pouted.

"P, I just want to unlock the door. P'Best and Nong Stu are waiting outside" I laughed out loud, seeing his pouty face. I quickly unlocked the door and went to sit by P'Mew's side, to hold his hand.

After a few minutes, both P'Best and Nong Stu entered the room. The doctor had advised for P'Mew to be admitted here for a night, before he would get discharged tomorrow. I immediately told P'Best to help to pack my clothes for the night because I wanted to be here with P'Mew for the night. Both P'Best and Nong Stu left, after accompanying me in the room for an hour. I had fallen asleep on the chair, when I heard the room door open. I rubbed my eyes to see P'Mew's mother had entered the room with P'Mew's backpack. I immediately stood up and offered the chair to her, before taking a seat at the end of P'Mew's bed.

"Did he told you about his nightmare?" P'Mew's mother asked.

I nodded my head as an acknowledgement. I took a glance at P'Mew peaceful face, before answering her,

"I'm gonna be here for him, mum. I will not go anywhere. I will help him to get over this tough period."

I was shocked when P'Mew's mother suddenly came up to me and gave me a hug. A tight hug.

"I trust you, Gulf. My son here is stubborn. He wants to take care of you, but he has forgotten that he also needs to be taken care of too. He is just having trauma over his past with.. you know who. Help him to get over it okay? I know that he loves you too, but he is just scared to take a leap.." I nodded at her words. I did not even bother to deny it when P'Mew's mother said that, because right now, I want to fight for my love for P'Mew, and I want to fight for our love as well.

I was having a conversation with P'Mew's parents and sister, when he stirred up in his sleep, before opening his eyes slowly. I left the room for a moment, while the family was distracting P'Mew with conversations, to meet P'Best outside of the room to get my bag. Luckily, P'Best had postpone all of my schedules for the day, so that I can be here with P'Mew. P'Best then brought me to the cafeteria to have our dinner, before going back up to the room. As soon as I entered the room, P'Mew's family took their leave, seeing that I was back in the room.

"I thought that you have gone home.. Why are you back here?" P'Mew was looking at me with that puzzled face.

"Who said anything about me leaving? I'm staying the night here with you." I grinned at P'Mew, who was looking back at me in shocked.