Chapter 28

Gulf's POV

I was waiting for P'Mew at my front porch, to go to the studio. We were only a day away from P'Mew's Single Release and Press Conference, which was why we were going to the venue beforehand to oversee the setup. I was not required to go to the venue, but I wanted to help his team and him to prepare for the press conference. As soon as P'Mew drove in to stop at my front porch, I quickly made my way into his car.

"How is the setup so far?" I asked.

"From what I have heard, they are setting it up well. The LED Screen should also be up by now." P'Mew answered while focusing onto the road.

We made it to the venue in no time. Both P'Mew and I made our way into the venue, to see chairs already being arranged right in front of the stage. A few of the staff came up and greeted us before quickly scrambling back to do their work. P'Mew pulled me along with him to the front of the stage. He pulled a chair for the both of us, and we sat down, looking at the staff that were assembling the LED Screen. I turned to P'Mew and saw him smiling to himself. I grabbed his hand tightly and intertwined my fingers with his.

"How are you feeling now? Excited? You will now be a singer in less than 24 hours." I asked softly.

"You want my honest answer?" He asked. I nodded.

"I am nervous. Very nervous. I am scared that the fans will not love the song. What if it is not up to their expectations?" P'Mew continued. Upon hearing that, I pinched his arm. He then groaned in pain while rubbing the spot that I had pinched him.

"We both know that the fans will love whatever that you deliver to them. So, stop overthinking. I'm sure that you did well. I can't wait to have your song as my ringtone." I said excitedly.

"Only as a ringtone? What about your alarm ringtone?" He asked while smirking.

"Don't push it, Khun'P. Can't wait for your music video as well. Nong Stu told me that your visual for the music video will make everyone to fall deeper for you, including me." I answered.

P'Mew was about to continue the conversation when his mother came to us and gave us a hug. Looking around the venue, I spotted P'Jom who was pushing Chopper in his stroller. I excused myself from P'Mew and his mother, to head over to see my favourite boy.

"See mum, he loves Chopper more than me now." P'Mew complained to his mum while pouting that mouth of his. I laughed, while making my way to P'Jom.

As soon as Chopper saw me walking towards their direction, he barked at me excitedly. I waved my hand at both P'Jom and Chopper, coo-ing at this cute figure in the stroller.

"Both you and Chopper are so whipped for each other na. No wonder my brother is jealous whenever both you and Chopper meet." P'Jom teased.

"Your brother is jealous whenever I am with anyone, P'Jom." I answered playfully. We both laughed.

I rubbed Chopper's belly before carrying him onto my arms. P'Jom and I were talking in a corner when Nong Stu came up to us with a bouquet of flowers. Both P'Jom and I looked at him curiously.

"Gulf.. P'Archie sent this.. For P'Mew." Nong Stu said, looking nervously at me.

"Is there any card?" I asked. Nong Stu nodded. P'Jom went to take the bouquet from Nong Stu and pulled out the card to read it.

"Congratulations Mew. Wish this song to be a success, and you to soar higher. From Your Co-Worker - P'Archie. Seriously? Co-Worker?" P'Jom scoffed. I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"When he did the live video back then, he clearly said that he will never see P'Mew as his co-worker again. And now, he is suddenly his co-worker?" P'Jom mumbled. I looked at P'Jom and laughed seeing her face expression. Chopper looked at both P'Jom and I, while munching the treat that was in my hand.

"He is still trying his luck to be closer to P'Mew. Cute effort but he needs to try harder." I said, putting Chopper back into his stroller.

"Nong Stu, take this bouquet and give it to P'Mew. Then you can ask him what do you need to do with the bouquet. I bet he will ask you to just chuck it below the big stack of flowers that he has been receiving, without even taking a second look at this." I said to Nong Stu, giving back the bouquet to him.

"Ok now, let's go to the dining area, P'Jom! Time for us to setup the area with the decorations that you have bought." I pulled P'Jom out from the main area to get us moving.

Both P'Jom and I spent a few hours to hang up the different decorations and arranging the tables, while P'Mew was busy at the stage area, to put everything together. P'Jom and I had also arranged the table centrepieces on our own, with her guidance, of course. P'Mew's parents had also came over to us, to give us a helping hand before they left home with Chopper. I had called P'Best earlier on to buy dinner for everyone at the venue, which was why he then walked in with boxes of chickens and drinks during dinner time.

"Alright everyone! Take a break! Enjoy these!" I said loudly, to get their attention. Everyone cheered before quickly making their way over to the table.

I was pouring a drink in my cup, when I felt hands wrapped around my waist.

"You are definitely the best boyfriend." P'Mew said before burying his face on my neck. I rubbed his hair before turning my back to face him.

"Do you think you have at least 30 mins to spare your best boyfriend?" I asked, putting my hands around his neck. I wanted to just talk with him, to release the tension that was slowly building up in him. It was a long day for him as well, since he has been busy with the setup and preparations. I thought that it would be a good time for him to have a short break before his final briefing for the day.

"Hmm.. I have all the time for you. Why?" He asked curiously.

"Good, then let's go." I answered and quickly pulled him away.

"Nong Stu! We will be back in about 30 mins. In the mean time, everyone can have a break till then!" I said to Nong Stu before walking out of the door, with my boyfriend tailing behind.