Chapter 27

Gulf's POV

We were done with the dinner, hence I had volunteered myself to wash the dirty plates in the kitchen with P'Jom. P'Mew and his father were now in the living room after helping us to carry the plates into the kitchen.

P'Jom and I were talking about our schoolwork, when P'Mew's mother entered the kitchen to join us. His mother was now standing next to me, helping to keep the plates in the cupboard.

"You look better now, Gulf. Becoming more chubby huh?" P'Mew's mother said with a smile.

"I have been eating non-stop, mum. P'Mew have also been feeding me non-stop. Look at this tummy now." I answered, showing off my bloated stomach to her as well. Both P'Jom and his mother laughed at my remark.

"You know.. I saw Archie's interview today." His mother continued.

"It was a waste of time to watch anyway." P'Jom voiced out.

I stopped washing the plates, and wiped my wet hands off on the dry towel.

"Are you worried, mum?" I asked with a curious look. She nodded at me.

"But why? Haha! Trust me mum, P'Archie can't do anything now. He's already at the losing end. This is just his way to make his name known again. P'Mew and I are strong enough to ignore this nonsensical act." I said, grabbing her hands tight as an assurance. That's when I saw her eyes getting all teary, even though she was smiling at me.

"I trust the both of you. I trust that the both of you can make it far together. Be together for a very long time okay?" She asked.

"I will choose forever instead of very long time, mum." I answered playfully. P'Mew's mother smacked me on my arms softly, before she then began to help P'Jom to prepare coffee for P'Mew's father.

It was close to 11pm when we left the house, with Chopper still being in my arms. Both P'Mew and I had decided to bring Chopper back to my own house, since Chopper did not want to get off from me when we wanted to leave earlier on. I did not mind his presence at all, since P'Mew had originally planned to stayover at my house for the night, and having Chopper around right now, meant that I could play with Chopper for a longer time. I placed Chopper on my lap, while P'Mew drove us to my house. P'Mew would bring Chopper back home tomorrow, before he leave for his album meeting, as P'Best would be fetching me early in the morning for an interview with ZoomZakDara.

We closely made our way into the house, with Chopper still asleep in my arms. I carefully placed him on the couch, before going inside the room to change my clothes.

"He did not want you to be close to him almost a year ago, but look who was the one who did not want to let you go home earlier on?" P'Mew said, petting the sleeping Chopper slowly when I had entered the living room again.

I was about to take a seat next to P'Mew when he pulled me to sit on his lap instead. I took the remote control from the table and switched on the television, making sure that it was not too loud, to not disturb Chopper from his slumber.

"It feels nice to have Chopper here. Such a good feeling." I said, leaning back onto P'Mew's front.

"Feels even nicer to have both of my favourite loved ones with me here." P'Mew rebutted.

We continued watching the television until Chopper woke up and moved closer to both P'Mew and I. My attention had definitely moved to Chopper by then, seeing how cute he was being. I took him on my lap, petting him affectionately.

"What is this? A chain of sitting on one's lap?" P'Mew asked after seeing the position that we were all in. I took a quick look, and laughed. I took my phone out from my pocket and switched on the camera.

"P'Mew, get into the camera! We look like a sweet family now in this position." I said, positioning Chopper properly so that his face could be seen in the photo as well. P'Mew then brought his face closer, with his chin on my shoulder, hugging my waist tight. A snap sound could be heard after that.

"Look! Such a nice photo! We look just like a family with Chopper inside." I showed P'Mew the photo. Chopper had moved to make himself comfortable on the couch, next to P'Mew.

"But who is Chopper's daddy?" P'Mew asked, burying his face on my neck.

"I am Chopper's daddy. And you are my daddy." I answered playfully.

"Gulf Kanawut.. You will be the death of me." P'Mew said, taking a deep breath.

I laughed at his reaction. I quickly posted the photo on my Instagram story, with the caption, 'I Will Always Woof You'. I also took the opportunity to have the photo taken as my new wallpaper on my phone. It would be too wasted to not do anything with the photo. I quickly put my phone aside afterwards, to focus onto the programme on the television with P'Mew burying his face onto my neck from time to time.

We continued to watch the television till the programme ended, before we then made our way into the room to sleep, with Chopper tailing behind us.