Chapter 12

Gulf's POV

We were halfway through the awards show with P'Mild already winning 'Best Comedy Actor' for our last series. Even in his winning speech, he was babbling so much on the stage that they had to call him down the stage afterwards. He sent the whole auditorium into a laughing fit for his antics.

I was looking at P'Mild trophy when P'Mew nudged me on my side. I looked at him, confused. It was then that I realised that the award presenters were calling out my name, as the winner for the 'Best Rookie Award'. P'Mild pulled me out from my seat, and pushed me to head to the stage to give my winning speech. To be honest, I was speechless. I did not even prepare any speech. I took my trophy and stood in front of the microphone, searching for P'Mild and P'Mew. I had to gather my words fast, everyone was waiting for me. I found P'Mew looking directly at me, giving me a proud smile, before giving me an encouragement nod. I cleared my throat.

"I did not prepare any speech, so please bear with me. Firstly, I will like to say thank you to my parents for always supporting me in whatever that I have been doing. This award is also for them, for they have been sending me to the set even when they were tired from work back then. Thank you for not giving up on this child of yours that can literally sleep for the entire day." Everyone laughed after hearing my last sentence.

"I will also like to say thank you to the P'Mame, P'Tee and everyone who were involved in this series for giving me a chance to unleash my talent. To my favourite cast, this is for you guys as well. And last but not least, this is also for P'Mew. Thank you for guiding and advising me when I was really feeling lost in this industry. Things will get harder from now on, but we will both get through this together. Thank you to my Phi Phi fans who voted day and night as well. I will take this award as a stepping stone for me to improve myself. Thank you everyone!" I went down the stage afterwards, making my way back to my seat.

P'Mew was the happiest when I came back to my seat, and showed the trophy to him. He ruffled my hair, congratulating me. P'Mew's old cast had also congratulated me - all except for P'Archie who was looking at me coldly. I turned back to the front when P'Mild called me for my attention, expressing how proud he was for me.

Turned out, that was not the only award that I would received. Both P'Mew and I had also won the 'Best Couple Award' for the night. This was the sixth couple awards that we had received ever since the series ended. This was all possible, thanks to our fans who had voted for us endlessly. We were all seated on our seats, getting ready for the last performance for the night, when the emcee announced that there was a surprise award that will be presented as well, calling for the award presenters to go up on the stage as well. Everyone in the auditorium was confused, as all of the awards had already been given out for the night.

"I am sure that everyone are confused by this award. We will not reveal the name of this award first, but we will describe the actor who had won this award. This award was not voted by anyone. We had prestigious directors and individuals to judge the nominees of this award, by themselves. And we are glad that they had chosen this actor to be the winner of this award. This actor has shine brightly for these 2 years, surprising us all with his passion and act. He is basically the talk of the town ever since he moved everyone to tears with his acting in the series. Without delaying it anymore, watch this short video to know who is this great actor..." The stage's lights faded out before they played a video of the winner.

The video started out with a very familiar tune. And then, a famous voice came on. The screen then showed P'Mew's acting in our series. P'Mew gasped. P'Mild was the first one to break free from his shocked, standing up to shake P'Mew's body in excitement. Everyone around us stood up and gave an applause as soon as the video ended. It was obvious that P'Mew was the award recipient.

"And everyone, I am sure that the video has revealed enough.. Let us all congratulation Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat, for the 'Best Actor of the Year Award'!" The award presenter announced.

I stood up, and pulled P'Mew out from his seat, who had tears rolling down his cheeks. He hugged me tightly, before releasing me, to head up on the stage to accept his trophy. Both P'Mild and I were excited to see him going up on the stage. The both of us knew that P'Mew had always wanted to win such award. The whole auditorium sat back down, to listen to P'Mew's speech.

P'Mew's tears had continuously rolled down, being too overwhelmed over this sudden award that he had received. He took a deep breathe, to compose himself before speaking.

"Thank you judges for this award. I am still in shocked actually. I have always wanted to win such award, as a sign of accomplishment. Receiving it today, I feel accomplished. All of my hard work from my past series, are all coming into light. I am sharing this award together with my family, who had supported me in this industry since Day 1. To my mama and papa, I hope I am making you proud. I will like to say thank you to all of the directors, teachers as such Kru'Bella, my casts, for allowing me to be who I am today, and doing our best together for all of our projects together Thank you to P'Mame as well for giving me a second chance to be in this industry. Thank you to my fans who have never given up on me, always giving me the strength that I need, and for always supporting me. This award is for all of you. I will work harder and improve myself after this. And..." P'Mew paused. He then looked straight at me.

"To Gulf, thank you for being here. You have also taken care of me enough. Just a little bit more time, okay?" He smiled.

From my seat, I nodded my head and gave him a smile as he then made his way back to his seat. Both P'Mild and I wiped off the tears that were shed, from hearing P'Mew speech. We knew how difficult his route was, for him to be this successful, and we were proud of him. P'Mew was swarmed with many congratulatory wishes, from everyone that were seated near us. Even his old cast were all so proud of him. When everyone's attention were on the last performance on the stage, I placed my head on P'Mew's shoulder, and looked up to meet his eyes.

"I am so proud of you, P. You deserve this so much. Congrats for winning this award na.."

"Thank you, Nong. This is all thanks to you as well. I am proud of you as well, Best Rookie Award Recipient." He whispered.

"Good then. The both of us can be proud of each other for a long time" I said softly.

P'Mew then took my hand, and intertwined our fingers together. We then enjoyed the rest of the performance together, ignoring the burning stare that I have been feeling from the back, since hours ago.

Someone must be burning with jealousy, seeing that P'Mew has been more successful in his career ever since that controversy. That person should also know that not only has P'Mew been more successful in his career, but P'Mew is indeed becoming more successful with his relationship as well. I smiled to myself with that thought.