Chapter 23

Mew's POV

"Okay tua-eng, I have just reached the set. I will drop you a message when I have free time alright? Take care of yourself. Don't bully everyone at the set." I informed Gulf.

"Take care of yourself too, P. Good luck for the shoot na. Don't overwork yourself. I'll miss you." I smiled, hearing Gulf's soft voice, before hanging up the call.

I walked into the set with Nong Stu by my side, to greet everyone before we were then ushered to the changing room. My team then hurried to put down their items to get me ready for the brand advertising shoot. I was reading through the brief notes that the client had gave earlier on, when the door to the room was pushed opened. I looked up to see Archie walking in with his own team, moving to the seat next to mine. I gave him a brief nod and smile when our eyes met, acknowledging his presence.

As soon as all of us were ready, we went out to the set to take our position. The shooting went by like a breeze, as all of us were indeed committed for this job. I could see that Nong Stu was restless from time to time, possibly worrying that I could breakdown in the middle of the job. But to be honest, I did not even felt anything. I knew that it was a job that I had to complete, and everyone in this set were all professional enough. It only took us 3 hours to get the advertisement done, and we were done with the shoot. I was just done changing my clothes, when I found Nong Stu waiting for me in the changing room, without the team who had left home. We were about to leave the room when Archie walked in. I was about to follow Nong Stu who had already walked out, when I felt an arm pulling me from the back.

"Mew. Erm, can we talk? Please."

I turned to look at Archie, contemplating whether I should stay in the same space as him. I pondered for a moment. Then, I nodded my head and told Nong Stu to wait for me in the car instead. Nong Stu's eyes went wide open, in surprised. Nong Stu eventually left the both of us in the room, hesitantly. The room's door went closed, before I finally realised that I am indeed left alone in the room with Archie.

"I do not have that much time to spare you. What do you want to say?" I asked.

"I did not expect you to accept this job as well. It surprised me to see you here." Archie said softly.

"I have no issues in accepting the job. I am only doing my best because the client was the one who had chose me. Why? You had issues with me accepting this?" I rebutted.

"No. I'm just.. Look Mew, I am sorry. I realised that I had did you dirty. I should not have done that." Archie voiced out.

"Can we be like how we were back then? I miss those fun times we both had." Archie continue, coming closer to me.

I was sure that I was looking at him with no emotions being shown on my face. Hearing those words coming from Archie, I did not even trust any of it. There's a possibility that he was not even serious about it.

"Those times were long over. You were the one who ended it. We could be friends, but you chose to turn me into your enemy instead. I think it's better for the both of us to be this way. Be professional when we see each other. To be like how we were back then, I'm sorry. I don't think I want to be associated with you anymore." I said firmly.

"I got to go. But, good work today, Archie." I continued, when he did not gave me any answer.

I had walked away, to pull the door open to leave the room. As soon as the door opened, I was shocked. Gulf was standing right in front of the door, smiling brightly at me.

"Gulf? What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"We ended the shoot early today, so I thought of giving my Khun P a surprise. Shall we go for late lunch?" Gulf answered with a grin.

"I heard rumors that the both of you are together. Is it true then?" Archie suddenly said from my back.

Gulf looked at Archie with a serious look.

"If it is true, is it your problem, P?" Gulf enquired.

"I believe it is not your business to know, P. But thank you for being so concern over us. P'Mew and I have a late lunch to go to now. Good bye P. Thank you for being a good colleague for P'Mew today." Gulf continue, before pulling me out from the room. We left Archie alone in the room, as Gulf was skipping to the car that Nong Stu has been waiting for me.

During the lunch, I found out that Nong Stu had been constantly updating Gulf about my well-being during the entire shoot, taking sneaky shots of me as well because Gulf had tasked him to do so. It was not because Gulf did not trust me, in fact he had truly trusted me so well. Gulf was even confident that I could do well for this job, which was why he had told Nong Stu confidently that I would be accepting this job, when Nong Stu had first told him about it. Gulf did not trust Archie, not even 1%. I laughed out loud, when I read the updates that Nong Stu had been giving Gulf for the entire time.

'Your boyfriend is doing well na, Nong.'

'No. Mew has not talked to him yet. He followed the script well.'

'Gulf, Archie is giving Mew looks. It seems like he wants to approach Mew.'

'Gulf, your boyfriend is looking handsome today. See this picture that I sent you.'

'Are you still giving him the surprise visit? Then come fast to surprise him. I'm sure Archie will not even get a chance to approach him then.'

It turned out that Gulf has indeed gathered so many accomplices to spy on me when he was not with me. I chuckled at the effort that this boy was indeed putting in, to ensure that I was safe.

"You do not have anything right tomorrow? Why don't the both of us bring Chopper out tomorrow? I think Chopper miss you." I said, squeezing his hand.

"Let's bring Chopper to the new park that is close to my condo! I am sure he will love the place. Oh and, I bought new clothes for him as well!" Gulf said excitedly. 

Gulf then showed me the photos of the new clothes that he had bought for Chopper recently. Chopper would definitely be more spoilt after this.