Chapter 10

Mew's POV

Gulf had invited me over to his condo, to have a sleepover, a night before Star Awards. I went to the couch in the living room, waiting for Gulf who was washing the dirty plates in the kitchen. Scrolling through my social media, I felt Gulf sitting next to me.

"P'Mew.. How are you coping with everything? You have always asked me about my well-being, but whenever I divert the topic back to you, you will avoid it.."

I looked at him. Gulf was looking at me as well, waiting for my answer. I smiled.

"I'm feeling better than.. that period of time. You have been nothing, but a huge bless in my life. You've helped me so much, Nong.. The lunches you bought, the constant concern you've shown as well as the constant assurance.. I feel as though I am slowly letting it all go."

"Always here for you, Khun P. The only thing that matters now is that you are recuperating well. Now, enough of all of these sappy talks. Movie?" He grinned. I nodded my head.

We spend the rest of our night by watching the movie before heading into the room to sleep.

I was feeling nervous for tomorrow. A big step that I would be taking.

The Next Day

The morning sunlight shone into the room. I woke up, to see Gulf wrapped up in my arms, head on my chest. I would love to wake up to this kind of view every morning. I ran my fingers through his hair. To think of it, I am glad that I met Gulf after the black chapter of my life. It was still unexpected that he was willing to stay by my side all this while, even when I had forcefully pushed him away back then. Many would find that Gulf was still immature in his behavior, but after this tough time, Gulf was indeed a matured individual, who just chooses how to act around everyone else. I was admiring his face, when my phone rang on the bedside.

"Mew, I will be coming to fetch both you and Gulf at 2pm later. Tell Gulf that P'Best will meet us directly at the venue." I muttered an 'Okay' before hanging up the call.

Gulf stirred in his sleep. He opened up his eyes slightly, and whined after seeing the sunlight being shone directly into his eyes. He rested his head back on my chest.

"Why are you awake? It's too early, P.." He whined.

"It's already 11am, Gulf.. Go and shower first, while I prepare our breakfast."

"No.. Give me another 15 mins.. I am still so tired from the movie night."

I remained quiet, letting him to sleep for another 15 mins. As time goes by, I knew that he would definitely not wake up at his supposingly promised time. I slowly made my way to the bathroom, to take a shower after placing his head on the pillow. Entering back into the room after the shower, I walked up to Gulf and wake him up.

"Come on, Gulf.. It's been 30 minutes.. Wake up. I am making ourselves breakfast now.. Wait, Brunch.." He nodded his head as an acknowledgement.

I made my way into his kitchen and started to prepare the ingredients for our breakfast. I was chopping the vegetables, when I realised that the room was still quiet, not even any watertap sound can be heard. I sighed. Of course, Gulf went back to sleep.

"Gulf Kanawut! Get yourself into the shower now! We are leaving at 2pm, and it is already coming close to 12pm now!" I shouted from the kitchen.

I heard a bunch of muffled noise, before hearing the bathroom's door being slammed. I laughed to myself. It has been more than a year that we have known each other, and Gulf was still not a morning person. He could really sleep all day, if no one bothers to wake him up.

I was just serving the food on the table, when Gulf walked in, typing on his phone. He showed me the message that Mild was sending him, something about buying us all food when we are meeting later on to get our makeup and hair done by our stylists. It was a simple food, Thai Pork Larb Salad, to last our stomach till we get a proper lunch later on. After completing our meal, both Gulf and I washed the dirty plates together, before taking a rest, waiting for Nong Stu to fetch us.

Gulf was currently talking to his mother on the phone, and I was reading my research materials on the couch. I was deeply in thoughts when he pushed his phone to me. He then whispered that his mother wanted to talk to me. I took the phone from him slowly.

"Hello mum.."

"Hello son. How are you? I've not met you for so long!"

"Good, mum. I've been busy lately. Let's meet for lunch soon? I will bring along my mum as well!"

"Great! Take care of yourself okay. And all the best for today. You can get through it."

We said our farewell after that. I returned the phone back to Gulf and kept things back into my bag, waiting for Nong Stu to arrive. We then stay seated on the couch, with me sharing how does the event goes, as it would be the first time that Gulf would be attending Star Awards. Both Gulf and I were feeling excited and nervous, to know the result behind the awards. We both knew that the fans had also worked hard for the past few months, to vote for us countlessly. As soon as Nong Stu had arrived at the lobby, both Gulf and I made our way down, to join Nong Stu.

It's only a few hours away from the event.