Chapter 11

Mew's POV

Everyone in the changing room was bustling around, to get our things ready before we head off for the event's red carpet.

Gulf was fast asleep on the couch, as soon as he was done with his makeup. I was sitting on the chair, getting my hair styled, when Mild sat on the chair next to me, getting his hair styled as well.

"You look calm, Mew.. Ready for the event?"

"I'm honestly feeling nervous, Mild. I'm scared as well. But I do not want to let Gulf to know about this. So many things are happening in my mind right now. I'm nervous that Gulf will be seeing him for the first time today. I'm nervous that Gulf will give up on me as soon as Archie tells him things." I took a deep breath.

Mild looked at me through the mirror, eyes full of concern.

"Stop worrying over nothing, Mew. So far, Gulf has not given up on you right, despite you pushing him away back then? That means, he will still stay with you, even after tonight. Besides, everyone that know you, knows that not everything Archie told the public is the truth."

"So, when will you accept Gulf's love? My poor boy has been waiting for so long.." Mild teased.

"Soon. In no time. As soon as I am fully over all of this." I smirked.

A sudden realisation came over me, when I took a glance at Mild. I threw my cushion at him. Mild shouted while staring at me in disbelieved.

"That's for you, for telling Gulf about my nightmares when I told you to keep your mouth shut."

Mild immediately kept quiet, avoiding from looking at me, suddenly having interest on his phone. Everyone in the room laughed at his reaction.

We were all then engrossed in our own matters, while getting ourselves ready, Gulf waking up after 30 mins, to get his hair styled. After an hour, I had also changed out to the event's outfit that my stylist had picked. I remained on my chair, sipping on my drink, when Gulf came up and hug me from the back.

"My Khun P is looking as dashing as ever.."

"Look at this lovebirds, everyone!" Mild said it out loud from his seat.

"Can't even let me live in peace.. Why am I stuck with the both of you for this event?" Mild murmured to himself. Both Gulf and I laughed.

We then gathered our items, before heading out to our respective cars, to go to the event venue.

My mother had called me in the car, to calm me down and assuring me that things would be fine. I had even videocalled with Chopper, with the help of my mother, so that I could distract myself from overthinking right before arriving at the event venue. So many people had given me encouragement and support just for today. Seeing how my fans have also started trending the hashtag for the event, gave me the remaining strength that I needed to get through the event.

As soon as Mild, Gulf and I were ready, we made our way to the red carpet, instantly attracting the media's attention. As this was a private event, there were no fans allowed at the venue, seemingly as this Star Awards would be broadcasted live. We went in to the venue, after greeting all of the media and answering a few interviews on our future projects.

The three of us were guided to our seats in the auditorium. I was about to take a seat, when I heard both mine and Mild's name being called from behind. I stood still, frozen in my spot, after turning around to the seats behind.

"Fancy seeing you guys in this event as well! A reunion for all of us then? It's our luck to sit together!" P'Luck said after Mild had greeted him back.

I did not know how to respond. Sitting behind us, was the cast from my previous series. Everyone that I knew were there, including Archie, who was looking at me, with his eyebrows raised.

What am I supposed to do now? Should I run away from here? My mind was running with all kinds of theories to get myself away from this situation.

I was brought back into reality when I heard someone clearing his throat. I looked at Gulf before realising that I had not introduced him to the cast, who were still looking at me.

"Oh.. Ermm, it's good to see everyone here. This is Gulf, Gulf Kanawut."  I said.

"Ah, this must be the famous Gulf Kanawut.. I love your acting!" Alex said while giving a thumbs-up to Gulf, who then thanked Alex for the compliment.

"This must be your new partner right, Mew? He could be mistakenly identified as your younger brother, considering his age." Archie voiced out, smirking.

Everyone went quiet after hearing Archie's remark. I was dumbfounded. Archie must have really hated me so much, that he was still holding on to his anger and resentment towards me. I was about to leave my spot, when I felt a pull on my hand. I looked at Gulf.

"Hopefully, I am gonna be his last partner too. And yes, people usually said that to us at first. But after seeing how close the both of us are, many said that we looked good as a couple as well." Gulf answered back with confidence.

I gasped. Gulf did not show that he would back down very soon from this tense atmosphere. Mild immediately ushered us to sit on our seats, saying that the show was about to begin. He probably said that to ease the tension that was slowly building up. I quickly took my seat, and finally letting my breath out, as if I was holding onto my breath for the entire time before this.

Gulf brushed his thumb against my hand, tightly grasping onto my hand, as if to calm me further down. I gave my fullest attention to the host who was introducing himself, when I heard Mild whispering to Gulf - not being subtle at all,

"I sensed so much anger there, Gulf. Get yourself together. At least for Mew as well."

My heartbeat had went back to normal, watching the different awards being given out for the night, ignoring Archie's presence at the back.