🥀Tododeku🌸

Deku-
Todoroki has been acting differently recently. Ever since his dad requested he live at home again, he's been getting to school late and acting quieter than usual.

He has been sort of avoiding me and the rest of our friend group. He's stayed in the classroom during lunch, but I never notice any food or food trash when I come back.

I would look back at him sometimes, during class, and I would see him about to doze off so I'd throw a little piece of paper at him so he doesn't fall asleep. He'd thank me after class but would never elaborate on his tired state.

One day he had come to school with a burn on his right hand. I had mentioned it to Uraraka, with concern, but she just assumed he accidentally burned himself.

But his left side was his fire side.

Something was up.

Another day he had come to school with long sleeves, it was at least 95° outside, and we had outdoor training today.

He didn't take off his long sleeves though.

I needed to talk with him. I was highly concerned and wanted to help him, or at least ask him.

So after school I stayed after for a bit outside the classroom door. I told Uraraka to go on ahead and I waited for Todoroki.

When he came out of the classroom, I gave him a "oh hi Todoroki!"

He replied with a "hello Midoriya."

"Can I talk to you? I wanted to ask you something." I asked.

"Sure. Wanna walk with me?" He asked back and I gave him a nod.

We began our walk silently. I didn't know how to begin the conversation. But he did.

"So, what is it you wanted to ask me?" He asks turning down a little to look at me.

"Um I wanted to ask if everything was alright?" I asked while I stopped waking. I turned up to him and continued, "You've been more quiet and closed off than usual. And you've come to school with more scars or won't eat and you'll fall asleep during lessons. I've been concerned."

"Oh, I've been doing more um.. training with my father recently. So that could explain the scars and sleep." He says almost unsurely.

"Are you sure? I just wanna make sure your alright. I won't tell anybody, if you need someone to confide in, that is." I say grabbing his hand lightly.

"I'm okay Midoriya. Thank you for your offer though." He replies with a light smile.

"Okay, just remember I'm here." I say, letting go of his hands and I begin to walk again. "Would you like to stop by the dorms with me? Satou made cookies yesterday and I could make some tea for us!"

"Sure that'd be nice. But I can't stay for long, father wants to train tonight." He agrees and we continue to walk to the dorms.

"Do you miss the dorms? Like, do you miss living with everybody?" I ask trying to fill the silence.

"Yeah I do." He says with a bit of grief. "Being home is so lonely and sad. The dorms are lively and fun. I miss being with everyone and having fun."

"I'm sorry. I wish your dad had let you stay."

"Me too. I miss everyone."

I see the dorms in sight and smile. "Come on, we're almost there. I'll race ya!"

"Okay." He laughs at me happiness, "but no quirks." I nod and we get ready.

"3. 2. 1." I pause. "GO!"