8

Sophie woke up at 5am the morning of the Champions League Final. She sat up in the large, white bed before getting up and walking to the adjoining bathroom.

After using the toilet and washing her hands, the brunette headed back to the large bed that Trent was currently laying in. After she crawled under the light, white sheet, Sophie began to get comfortable again.

"Soph." Trent's soft voice whispered from behind her.

"Trent." She asked herself confused as she turned around to see the footballer laying in the bed with his arms behind his head, and his eyes wide opened. "Why are you awake?"

"I can't sleep. I've been lying awake for the last hour." Trent explained as he propped himself up in the bed using his elbows.

"Nerves?" Sophie questioned as she sat up and leaned against the headboard of the bed.

"Yeh. I was fine all day yesterday because we had interviews and our kick about, then the dinner last night. It only really hit me when we went to bed last night that when I woke up it would be the day of the Final." Trent told the girl as he looked over in her direction. Even after just waking up at 5 in the morning, she still looked beautiful. Her hair was thrown into a messy bun on the top of her head and her pyjamas were simply a mint tank top and shorts.

"It's natural to feel nervous, Trent. You're in one of the biggest football finals in the world in a few hours. And you're doing it with your local club. Not many people can say that at 20 years old."

"Yeh, you're right. God. How do you always know what to say, and when to say it?" Trent questioned as he pulled the brunette girl into a hug.

"It's a gift." She replied with a smile as her head hit his toned chest in the hug. "Now, you need some sleep. So get some."

Sophie pulled away from the Scouser before placing a kiss on his cheek. She then lay back down on her side of the bed and started to fall back asleep.

Trent sat and watch the beautiful girl ask her eyes shut and she fell into a deep sleep. He smiled at the girl and she lost consciousness.

And she was right. He was in a position that millions would kill to be it and he planned to make the most of it. This was the Champions League Final and planned to win it. And then when they did, he was gonna ask Sophie to be his girlfriend.

——————————

9 o'clock that night rolled around pretty fast

9 o'clock that night rolled around pretty fast. Trent had ask Sophie to wear his jersey to the game and she gladly excepted, even though it was part of his plan to ask her out she never thought anything of it.