32

Epilogue

Sophie walked through the surprisingly quiet hallways of the Melwood training facility alone due to the fact that Trent had opted to leave earlier than usual for training which was weird considering he usually had to be dragged out of bed in the mornings.

As Sophie continued on her walk towards the canteen she conversed with Hayley on the phone as she did.

A lot had happened over the last couple of months. Liverpool finished the league with an away win against Newcastle. Trent picked up Premier League Young Player of the season and Jürgen received Premier League Manager of the season 2019/20 along the way. Liverpool also signed a new kit deal with Nike.

There was also several new members joining the Reds family for the new season. Kostas Tsimikas joined the team towards the end of the summer before the Austria training camp.

Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich and Diogo Jota from Wolves were signed within 2 days of each other, adding more fire power throughout the squad.

It was definitely an exciting upcoming year for the Reds and having already bet Leeds in the first round of the new Premier League season the team we're back at Melwood to prepare for Chelsea in a weeks time.

"What the hell is going on?" Sophie spoke more to herself than Hayley as she entered the canteen to find it empty.

"What? What's wrong?" Hayley questioned, acting clueless, on the other end of the phone.

"This place is practically like a ghost town. I can't find anyone." Sophie explained as she walked down the hall to the therapy room and the tv room which were both empty too. No sign of a Liverpool player anywhere.

"They must be outside already." Hayley hinted for her best friend to head onto the training field.

"Yeh but I'm not late. In fact, I'm early . They're never outside already. They should only be having breakfast right now." Sophie informed the blonde as she headed for the door that lead to the field at the back of the facility.

The brunette girl let the door close behind her before she turned to look towards the field where she found the entire Liverpool squad stood in a vertical line leading up to 4 of the boys standing in a horizontal line.

"What the hell is going on?" Sophie questioned as she looked at the boys, each of which were holding a red rose in their hand.

"Enjoy." Hayley said simply before she hung up.

"Wait. What?" Sophie tried to stop her but the phone beeped in her ear signalling that Hayley had hung up the phone.

She sighed before tucking her phone into her pocket before walking towards the Liverpool captain, who was standing closest to her.

"Jordan what's going on?" Sophie questioned in confusion as she stopped in front of him.

"Here." Jordan replied before handing over the flower in his hand. He then nodded his head down the line signalling for her to walk on.

Still feeling very confused, Sophie did as she was instructed and walked on receiving another flower from each of the boys, all of which held cheeky smiles on the faces as they handed it over.

She eventually reached the end of the vertical line and realised that the four boys in a straight line were Liverpool's full back line, Robbo, Virgil and Joe, excluding Trent with Neco standing in his position.

"I'm so confused." Sophie admitted as the four boys handed over their flowers before they spilt down the middle revealing a Scouser down on one knee. "Oh. My. God."

"Hey Soph." Trent spoke as he smiled up at her from his position kneeled on the ground.

"What are you doing?" She questioned with a smile even though she had a fair idea about what was happening.

"Let me do the talking." The Scouser told her before he began his speech. "I knew that night after I spilt your drink and we got to talking that you were going to be an important part of my life. What I didn't know was that you would become my whole life. The boys knew it on me at training that I had met someone special. My family knew that something had changed in me after I met you. You changed me Sophie, for the better. And I want you to continue to change me. We spend everyday together and I can't imagine a time that we don't. So what I'm trying to say is, will you marry me Sophie?"

Trent felt as if the world slowed down in that moment and although it had only been a couple of seconds before Sophie replied, it felt like years to the footballer who was down on one knee holding a ring in his hand.

"Yes." Was the reply she gave before the cheers of the Reds could be heard from behind her as Trent stood up and pulled the brunette girl into a hug and a kiss before he slipped the ring onto her finger.

It was then that the couple began engrossed by the Liverpool team who was still cheering and congratulating the newly engaged couple.

Sophie knew when she went home last Christmas that her life was here. Her life was in Liverpool with Trent, Hayley, her job and her friends. She had built a life for herself in the time she had spent in the English city.

And now she had an amazing job, friends, life and an even more amazing fiancée in Trent John Alexander Arnold. This was her future, right here with him.

——————————

And that is that. You all have officially reached the end of 'Summer Love'. I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. 🥰

Honestly when I started to write this book it was one random night at like 3am during lockdown and I never thought anyone would read it or that I would even publish it but I really am grateful for each and everyone one of you have read, voted and commented on the book.

Until next time

~ky❤️