25

Christmas Day arrived sooner than expected. Trent and Sophie lay cuddled up in Sophie's bed that cold, winters morning. The pair had been talking about random things for the last 30 minutes as they didn't move from their spots.

They had spent yesterday apart due to last minute Christmas present shopping that needed to be done and had intended to spend the holidays with each other before flying back to England tonight for Liverpool's Boxing Day game against Leicester.

"I think we have to get up." Sophie spoke as a smile grew on her face while Trent played with her fingers in his hand.

"Why? I'm happy right here." Trent replied as he continued with his actions.

"Well considering we have to catch a flight at 11pm I wanna spend time with my dad before we go. And, if we don't get up then you don't get your presents." The brunette girl informed him using her elbow to prop herself up and look in the Scouser's direction.

"Oh presents. I like the sound of that." Trent sat up in the bed, revealing his bare, toned chest.

"Then get up." Sophie spoke as she pushed the bed sheet of her body and walked towards the bathroom.

She walked back out after washing her teeth and face before grabbing a sweatshirt of Trent's and throwing it over her top. Trent stood pulling grey sweatpants on along with his white t-shirt.

"You ready?" She nodded in reply before walking out of her bedroom door.

"Dad." Sophie called as she wrapped her hand into a fist and knocked gently against the wood. After getting no reply, she opened the door slowly to reveal an empty room and freshly made bed. "He's not here."

"Maybe he's downstairs already." Trent replied as they made their way downstairs but there was no sign of Stephen Williams. The Scouser reached to the counter and grabbed a piece of paper. "Here, Soph."

"Sophie, I'm sorry I consult spend Christmas morning with you and Trent but I had to go into work last minute. I hope to get back before you have to leave for you flight. Love you, Dad." Sophie read the words from the piece of paper. She was disappointed to say the least, this was her last few hours in New York and her dad wasn't even here.

"Well, on the upside, we can spent the day together. Just the two of us. Until your dad gets back, of course." Trent spoke as he wrapped his arms around Sophie from behind.

"Let's make breakfast and then we can do presents." Sophie said as she turned in Trent's arm and kissed his cheek before turning to walk over to the pantry and grab ingredients for pancakes.

——————————

The pancake cooking had ended with flour everywhere and a 20 minute cleaning session. But once the couple got the Williams' kitchen back to normal, they retreated to the living room and became to exchange gifts.

"Here." Sophie handed over the wrapped, rectangular box to the brown haired boy.

"Oh." Trent took the box in his own hands and began to remove the red wrapping paper to reveal an orange Nike box. Once the box was fully open, a pair of grey trainers were revealed. "Sophie I love them."

"Good." Sophie smiled at Trent's face as he examined the trainers in his hand.

"My turn." Trent handed over a smaller, white box with a red ribbon on it.