31

The last month flew by and it was officially the last home game at Anfield today against Chelsea. It was also the day that Liverpool would be presented with their medals and the Premier League trophy.

The buzz throughout the city of Liverpool was astonishing but the atmosphere in the home dressing room was even better. There was absolutely no pressure on the boys because regardless of the results they would still walk away with a Premier League medal each and another trophy to add to the wall of fame.

It was sad that tonight would be an occasion that couldn't be shared with the fans. Without fans you don't have a football club. It would be strange for the boys playing in front of an empty Anfield.

It seemed fitting that the team would be receiving their medals on the Kop as a tribute to the fans who couldn't be there to celebrate with them.

But regardless of the current situation, that didn't change the importance of today's event in Liverpool FC history. It was a moment that would be celebrated by fans across the world, the players and their families and friends along with the management team.

So many family members per player were allowed access to Anfield for the Chelsea game considering how big of a deal it was. They would be situated on the higher tier of the stadium with a perfect view of the game and also the Kop for the presentation afterwards.

The bus arrived underneath the empty stadium around 6:50 pm. It was weird looking around the bus and everyone in masks. They were all ushered of the bus for passport check before entering the hallways of Anfield.

Sophie smiled at the boys even though she realised they couldn't see her through the mask, she grabbed the first aid bag from under the bus and waited on Jordan as he was the last one off.

It had to be tough for him not being able to play due to his injury. He tried everything to be fit and able to play but it just wasn't possible. But that didn't mean that he didn't deserve to be the one to collect the cup, he was the captain after all.

They both handed over their passports to security and waited for them to be checked. Once they were cleared, they headed through the same doors that the boys had moments before them.

——————————

Everyone was out on the field by 7:30 to begin their warm ups for an 8:15pm kick off time. Sophie placed the bag on the ground in front of her as threw her boyfriend a smile, which received her a wink in reply.

Although the game didn't have any League value, that didn't mean that it didn't mean something to the boys and their families.

It was their last home game at Anfield for the 2019/20 season and it was also the first and last game that their family members would see following lockdown which was a big thing for them.

It was hard for the younger boys who received their Premier League debuts over the last couple of games and couldn't share the moment with their families in the stands like the older boys had gotten to do. But everyone obviously understood and the older boys were just as supportive as their families would've been.

"How ya feeling?" Sophie questioned the skipper as she walked up the steps of the stand to the substation section where he was sat watching his teammates warm up.