19

Sophie sat in her comfortable, cream airplane seat on the plane looking out the window at the white clouds with her earphones in but nothing playing through them. It was a great way to stop people from talking to you. If they thought you were busy or listening to something then they wouldn't annoy you. Well unless they're your boyfriend.

"Sophie. Sophie." Trent shook her arm which pulled her eyes away from the fluffy, white clouds outside and to the Liverpool boy in the previously empty seat next to her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeh, why wouldn't I be." She brushed off his question but unfortunately for the brunette girl, Trent knew her better than that.

"You've been off since you came back from seeing Hayley yesterday." He replied with a knowing look.

"Listen, you know I'd love to tell you but I can't. Not here. Not now." She whispered so no one could hear them.

"Fine. But I wanna know when we get back home."

"I will. I promise." Sophie assured him with a small smile. "How's the leg?"

"Yeh. It's fine now. Thank god but I'm still not starting."

Trent wasn't the only one to pick up an up an injury since the Norwich game. There was five changes being make to the starting 11. Adrián, Sadio, James, Joël and Alex we're replacing Alisson, Trent, Gini, Bobby and Divock. All had picked up little knocks since the game in Anfield a few days ago. And with the Premier League only starting back, the management and medical team had made a call that it wasn't worth risking it.

"I know. But you've whole season to go. No point that throwing away for one game." The brunette girl reminded him.

"Yeh you're right."

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will now begin our decent into Istanbul Airport. Please take your seats and fasten your seatbelts." The air hostess spoke over the intercom.

"I'll see you when we land." Trent told his girlfriend before placing a kiss on her head and turning to head back to his seat. She nodded with a smile as he headed back up the plane to Ox.

Sophie hated that she had to leave England with herself and Hayley on such bad terms but right now she had a job to do and as much as she wanted to see her best friend and make up, her job came first right now, especially with so many injuries in the squad.

——————————

The inside of the bus grew darker as the it drove throw the underground tunnel of Vodafone Park, Istanbul, Turkey. The driver came to a stop and everyone got off. Sophie grabbed the medical bags from under the bus where all the stuff was located.

Once everyone had all their things, they walked through the hallway leading to the dressing room. The Chelsea bus arrived a few minutes later but Liverpool we're already inside their changing to getting ready.

"Anyone need anything before warm ups?" Sophie questioned as she entered the room of players. Everyone either shock their heads or let a course of 'no' out. Once she was satisfied with their answers. She turned and headed outside to leave the medical bag and water bottles on the field for the Reds' warms up.

"What's wrong with Sophie?" Gini spoke up as the brunette girl left the room.

"No idea. She's been like that since last night." Trent replied as he put his boots on.