30

Following a spectacular 4-0 win against Crystal Palace for Liverpool yesterday evening at Anfield, everyone was gathering at a hotel in Formby, that had been closed to the public, so everyone could watch the Man City and Chelsea game.  In order for Liverpool to the win the Premier League tonight, Chelsea need to beat City.

"You're nervous." Sophie pointed out as she noticed a change in Trent's behavior the closer they got to the hotel.

"I feel like I'm going to play a final." He replied as he made a right turn onto a different road. "And all I'm doing is watching the game."

"It's gonna be tough to watch. Your faith is basically in Chelsea's hands today even though you still have 7 games at hand." The brunette girl informed her boyfriend as he reached over and placed her hand on the back of his head to try and calm his nerves.

"I'm kind of excited too." Trent smiled as he turned onto the street where the hotel was located. "I know if we win it's tough not being able to celebrate with the fans but it'll be nice being surrounded by family."

"Exactly. It'll definitely be a year to remember. 'Liverpool win Premier League during Covid-19 lockdown.' We definitely won't forget 2020." Sophie spoke causing them both to laugh as they pulled up at the gates for the hotel car park. The security guard gave the right wing defender a subtly nod and a smile before he lifted the barrier allowing him to drive inside where his other teammates were parked.

"Definitely not." The football replied before putting the car into park and removing his seatbelt. "You ready?"

"Yep." Sophie answered as she grabbed her handbag from the backseat before getting out of the car. The couple automatically connected their hands like usual and headed towards the path leading to the hotel.

Once inside, they both noticed the sign signalling for the Liverpool players to head out to the back garden of the hotel where a big screen was set up for them to view the game in the nice weather outside.

"Hey you." Perrie said as she pulled the brunette girl into a tight hug, not seeing each other in months has definitely taken its toll.

"Hey Pez." Sophie replied as she wrapped her arms around the blonde singer while Trent went off to see the boys.

"I've missed you so much." Perrie informed her friend as they pulled apart and started to walk through the outdoor garden where the members of the Liverpool team, management, family and several other people.

——————————

We were officially on the home stretch. There was only 4 minutes left in the Chelsea and City game, with the London club winning 2-1. They just had to keep the lead until the final whistle and the Premier League title was Liverpool's.

The last few minutes felt like the longest of their lives, Sophie sat towards the back of the room along with Perrie, Hayley and some of the other girls, leaving the boys to sit on their own up the front.

Trent had tried to persuade her to sit with him, the boys and management considering she was a member of staff but she decided against it not wanting to make the girls feel left out that they couldn't sit with their boys.

The countdown started as the game got into the last few seconds with the counting down. It took a few seconds longer than that but once the final whistle blew the noise started along with the celebration.