28

The weeks Sophie spent at home felt like the longest but at the same time quickest of her life. They were long in the sense that it killed her to be missing out working with the team for so long but she also enjoyed the quiet time to herself for the first time in a while.

She had several visitors over the course of the four weeks she had spend in the Scouser's house relaxing. Hayley spent a couple days in the house, staying over for a night along with Perrie.

Amy, Rebecca and Rachel also arrived one day while the boys were training bringing with them chocolates and flowers to the patient as she laid up on Trent's grey sofa watching TV.

By the time Sophie got back onto the field the boys had their last Norwich game over them which ended 1-0 in favour of the Reds. She was allowed to sit in the stands and watch the game but that was it.

But now she was officially cleared by the doctor after having a check up to make sure that the wound had cleared up properly and there was no sign of further infection.

Word of the possible closure of the entire country was very much on the horizon at the minute, but the Reds just kept their heads down and continued to train as normal as long as they could.

The next game was tomorrow and it was at home in Anfield against West Ham. Liverpool were favourite to win the game, there was no doubt about it. But with a Premier League title within their grasp, they refused to be cocky at this stage in the league and just continued to play the way they knew they could play.

——————————

The Reds left the field in high spirits as the West Ham game ended 3-2 in favour of the home team. The cheers of the Kop were overpowering as the team walked down the tunnel towards their dressing room.

"How'd it feel to be back at Anfield?" Alex asked as they headed down the tunnel along with the crowd of players and managers.

"Really good. I didn't think I'd miss it as much as I did. Even not being at training for over four weeks felt so weird." Sophie replied as she crossed her arms over her body.

"Well it's great to have you back." The midfielder assured her before heading inside the dressing room with his team mates.

Sophie waited patiently outside the changing room for the boys to clear out. She smiled and congratulated each of them as they walked by her, heading for the exit.

"Hi." Trent's voice whispered softly as he carefully wrapped his arms around the brunette's waist. Ever since the operation, the Scouser was very careful and became very aware of where he put his hands on his girlfriend.

"Hey. Great game." She spoke before placing a quick and soft kiss on his lips.

"Stop with the PDA." Gini called out as he and Adam exited the dressing room with their bags slugged over their shoulders.

"Shut up you." Sophie replied as the couple laughed at the Dutchman.

"You love me really." Gini assured her as they walked further away from them.

"You ready to go home?" Trent questioned looking down slightly on the brunette.

"Yep. I'm starving." She informed him as they started walking down the tunnel towards the exit that led tot the car park.