14

Another hectic week had passed by. The boys training schedule has increased greatly due to the fast approaching return of the Premier League and their first game against Norwich City.

The two best friends had decided to make the most of a free day in Liverpool and went out for lunch and maybe even a bit of shopping. Sophie held the door open for Hayley as they entered a small, local café in the heart of the city.

Both girls took a seat at a vacant table and had been given menus and ordered drinks before they started their conversation.

"So, how's life staying with Trent? I don't know about you but I'm glad to see the end of living in a hotel room." Hayley spoke up as she flicked through the brown, leather menu.

"Yeh it's been great. It's much easier now that they're back training. And yeh, it's nice to get out of a hotel room. You've so much more space." Sophie agreed with the blonde and the waitress returned with their two drinks. They both thanked the young teenager waiting on their table before she left.

"Have you decided what you're going to do at the end of the summer?" Hayley brought up the dreaded topic. Sophie has hoped that if she just put off conversation that it would never come up.

"No. We haven't spoke about it yet." The brunette informed her best friend.

"You're gonna have to bring it up eventually Soph, before you know it the summer will be over and you'll be on your way back to New York and Trent will be here."

"Have you and Joe?" Sophie asked the blonde. It was if she was the only one making the decision, Hayley had a choice to make too.

"Yeh. I think I'm gonna stay." Hayley whispered while avoiding eye contact with the brunette girl.

"That's great Hayls." The blonde girl was a bit shocked at the reaction she had received. She was convinced it would have ended worse.

"You really think?"

"Of course." Sophie smiled but deep down she felt remorse.

It was easy for Hayley to make the move. She had nothing tying her to New York, not really. She had opted out of college after high school and got a job instead. Her mom was always traveling and never at home. Her dad lived in Sydney, Australia.

Where as Sophie had so much back in the states. So much she'd leave behind and to top it all off, the added the pressure of the job she had been offered in the fall too.

"I'm not trying to make you stay Sophie. But imagine how amazing it would be with us both here." The blonde spoke which caused a smile to form on the brunette's face as she imagined it. "Hey look."

Sophie turned around to see the TV her best friend had just pointed at. On the screen was a picture of a black figure with a question mark on their face. And behind the presenter showed Klopp and the Liverpool team during one of the games.

"Word has spread like wild fire through Liverpool this week as word was leaked that there will be a new member joining Jürgen Klopp's background team prior to the return of the Premier League this year. No information has been given from the man himself but several sources admitted that Klopp is on the hunt to fill an empty spot in his management team. The Reds' boss had yet to confirm what this position is or who it will be that fills it but with the start or the Premier League kicking off with a Liverpool game at home in Anfield against Norwich, we can assure it won't be long before it's announced. What do you think?" The male presenter turned to look at his co-host.