Chapter eight

New Orleans- 1820

The next day, Stella walked with an excited bounce to her step

The next day, Stella walked with an excited bounce to her step. For the first time ever, things seemed to be going her way. She had everyone in town exactly where she wanted them. Out of fear for her brother's life, Rebekah Mikaelson had agreed to back off. Stella didn't know what her problem was in the first place. Kol Mikaelson had come to realise he couldn't simply walk over Stella and get away with it. She'd stand up for herself in the only way she knew how. And then there was him... her pet.

As she approached, a smile toyed at her lips. A doll's head was hanging above them, ensuring that her prisoner's chains would not break no matter how much brute force he tried. Niklaus Mikaelson also had a lesson coming his way. By the time she was done with him, he'd have learnt the same lesson that his brother learnt.

"Niklaus Mikaelson," She greeted evilly, drawing a seat out in front of him. Upon hearing her voice, his blue eyes snapped up and filled with understanding. That must have been terribly confusing- being kidnapped and ditched. "How are you holding up this morning."

"Ah, I'd wondered who my captor would be." His eyes trailed up and down her form. She wondered what he was seeing. Did he see a confused amateur who had no idea what they were doing or did he see a stone-cold bitch that would do whatever the hell he played? After scrutinising her, he seemed to come to a conclusion of sorts. "You're young, new to the business. If you let me go now, I promise I'll kill you quickly."

Ah. Apparently, he saw more of an amateur than an expert. He wasn't wrong. She'd never done this before.

"No dice, vampire. You tried to eat me. Besides, I think I look much better alive."

She wasn't ready to die yet. She was only seventeen.

"Where am I?"

She glanced about herself and shrugged.

"New Orleans."

"You don't say." He rolled his eyes at her, not that that made much of a difference. "I mean, what is this place?"

There was no harm in telling him. It wasn't like anyone was around for him to tell. She had him exactly where she wanted him.

"Lafayette cemetery. The witches used to meet here," She explained. "Since they don't anymore, I thought this place would be perfect for us to have that five-minute chat." The witches shouldn't find out about this. If they did, it'd go one of two ways. They would A: lecture and punish Stella for being irresponsible. Or B: treat her like a celebrity for capturing a living vampire. Naturally, should she get caught, Stella would prefer the second option.