Chapter Twenty Two

New Orleans- 1821

Dressed and ready for the day, Stella waited in the lounge room

Dressed and ready for the day, Stella waited in the lounge room. No one was about. Normally, Elijah would be up and reading by this time. That, or he'd be upstairs sneaking around with Celeste. When she felt hands snake around her waist, the witch groaned. She'd had enough of him in the course of twenty four hours to last her an entire life time.

Who'd have thought the wildest of the Mikaelsons would be a cuddler? Stella hadn't until he'd strangled her half to death.

"Morning Stella."

Pointedly, Stella pried herself free from his grasp.

"Why are you speaking to me? It's too early."

Stella had woken up on the wrong side of the bed. She hadn't exactly been given much choice. It was that or die, squished under Kol Mikaelson's weight.

"So you're not a morning person."

She was a morning person when she woke up alone in her own bed, suitably clothed. The same could not be extended to the harsh reality she'd woken up to in the plantation house.

"Go away." She paused, thinking over her words. "No, actually, make me some food." The servants shouldn't have to do what she could force Kol into doing. "Where is everyone?"

"Rebekah and Elijah are finalising some details on the building of our new home. Niklaus is befriending your young friend."

Stella nodded. She trusted Niklaus not to hurt the little Knight. There was nothing for her to worry about. With that in mind, Stella gave the vampire yet another pointed glare.

"Make me breakfast. Hurry up. You weren't given vampire speed for nothing."

He grabbed her by her hips, tugging her backwards. "Will you give me my breakfast?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

After letting him drink her blood last night, Stella's assumptions in what that would mean had proven correct. This time, there was no caution as he stabbed his fangs into her neck. Whilst it bought her pleasure, she wasn't at all prepared to be his portable blood bag.

She was going to shake him off. Someone else beat her to it.

In seconds, Kol had been dragged across the room and thrown into the wall. Niklaus hovered over him with a silver dagger in hand. To say he was mad was an understatement.

With one hand around his brother's throat, Niklaus growled viciously. "What did I say about the witch?" Kol couldn't answer. Physically, he couldn't get the words out. Still, he made no effort to push his older brother away. Against those daggers, he was useless. "I told you she's under my protection. That still stands."

When Niklaus' hold loosened ever so slightly, Kol ground out his mockeries.

"So what are you going to do now, brother? Stick a dagger in my chest and box me up?"