Chapter Fifteen

New Orleans- 1821

For Kol Mikaelson, everything was going to plan

For Kol Mikaelson, everything was going to plan. Despite the Mikaelson family's favourite witch refusing to cooperate, everything he'd been planning was falling into place. Better yet, none of his siblings knew. Thankfully, that meant he wouldn't be finding himself in a box anytime soon.

It was a fine, normal day in New Orleans. The birds were chirping and the sun was shining over the slightly yellowed grass. Normal humans were milling about the place, following the patterns of their daily routine.

The people of New Orleans were predictable. Generally, they did the same things in the same places at the same time every day. All the monotony did was make the setting up of Kol's plan so much easier. His cast- clueless humans- had been compelled. All he had to do now was get the stars in place.

Mabel Mendacium was the hard part.

Like her sister, she was nigh impossible to predict. However, much like her little sister, there was the odd exception to that rule. Where Stella would slip out in the dead of night to visit a friend living in the Plantation house, Mabel had a routine she followed every time she got engaged.

No one apart from him had taken the time to notice.

Three days before the wedding, Mabel would slip away from normality. She'd walk down the same road to the same meadow. In this meadow, she grew a hidden stash of poisons. Unbeknownst to her, she'd never complete the journey again. Kol was sure of it.

"Hello Elijah." Stella sidled close to the eldest vampires side. She smiled up at him innocently. At that, Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"Stella." He nodded his head simply in greeting.

"I thought you might want to... talk."

Elijah could see why his siblings liked the girl so much. For Niklaus, she was someone to talk to without judgement. She made an effort to understand him. In fact, she often went the extra mile to help him out. Besides, the siblings all knew that they'd bonded somehow when the witch had kept Niklaus in captivity. Over what, none of them knew.

Rebekah saw a sister in the girl. Stella was someone she could gossip with and share 'girl talk' with. Really, Stella was someone for her to relate to.

Finally, there was Kol. Kol could deny it as much as he fancied, but Elijah knew there was something deeper there. Kol obsessed over the girl. Elijah knew it would eventually grown into love. He also had a feeling it'd be a chaotic love. A love that could go from hot to cold in seconds. The pair already argued enough as it was.

He, himself, was still trying to figure out just what the witch meant to him

"About what?"

"I don't know..."

Niklaus came up between them both, saying one word and one word only. "Celeste."

Stella slapped his arm away. "Shut up Niklaus." The vampire chuckled. Sighing, Stella gave Elijah an apologetic smile. "I was going to slip it in smoothly." She slapped Niklaus again. "Way to give it away. Please, Elijah. Ignore your brother."