Chapter Twenty One

New Orleans- 1821

Stella frowned as Kol placed a hand on her waist, kneading her skin through the material of his shirt

Stella frowned as Kol placed a hand on her waist, kneading her skin through the material of his shirt. She must feel so strange standing so exposed in front of him. Normally, she wore an entire wardrobe of clothes. Now, she wore practically nothing. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She shivered beneath his heavy gaze.

"Like what?"

"I don't know... like you want to eat me." Her own words sunk in, leaving her to grimace. She probably could've phrased that better, especially with the way the vampire licked his lips. Stella found herself wanting to feel uncomfortable. The fact tha she didn't was highly disconcerting. "I swear to God, if you eat me, I'll take that spell right down and call for your brother."

Niklaus would save her in a heartbeat.

"Relax darling. I won't do anything you don't want me to do."

That comforted her for all of a second.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

He wasn't being clear enough. Stella knew he was doing it on purpose. The cocky little shit took great pleasure in messing with her mind. "I'm going to do some things to you Stella- sinful things." His eyes darkened when he heard her heart flutter. "You're going to love every single one of them."

"For some reason, I doubt that."

Then that was something they disagreed on.

Stella was inexperienced in all things sexual. It was to be expected of an unmarried woman. Kol was not quite so inexperienced.

"You look so appetising dressed like this." His eyes swallowed her in hole. He hoped someday in the future women would have to wear less. Mostly for their sake. He wondered how many overheated in the obnoxious amounts they had to wear. "The stockings with my shirt. Dress like that more often and I'll never let you leave the house again."

"Stop acting like you have any control over me."

"Stop pretending that I don't."

She frowned. Kol took another step towards her. He'd sort marriage and all those other tiny details out later. He'd deal with his guilt at a later date. For now, he would have some fun with his little witch.

"Just act natural." He wasn't all too good at the comforting thing. When he did things like this, he never made a point of considering his 'love' interest's feelings and comfort. More often than not, he killed them three weeks later. There were multiple things stopping him from killing Stella. One being his siblings. Two being her power. Three being his strange, foreign feelings.

Stella huffed, averting her gaze to the floor. "I don't know how to act natural when I'm wearing near to nothing with-"

He reached a hand up to cup her cheek, easing her into the skin to skin contact. He massaged a circle into her skin, forcing her to meet his eyes. He scrutinised them carefully. She wasn't scared, merely clueless. There was some curiosity there and- heaven forbid he say it- desire. He placed a soft kiss against her jaw. "Does this feel natural?"