f i v e

whilst standing on the steps to lydia martins house, and talking to some random guy, i watched as my best friend stumbled down the steps. i was going to follow him, and find out if he was okay, but i was still pissed from earlier. plus, his date was following him. however, i watched as he got into his car and drove off. i immediately ran down the stairs and started yelling at allison. 

"did you seriously just let him get in a car drunk?!" i exclaimed, fearing the worst. she looked worried too.

"no! of course not! he'd only had one beer, he can't be drunk." she defended, watching him drive off.

"oh my god, you- i can't believe you." i ran back inside to find stiles. when i did, he asked me if i had spoke to scott. when i told him what had just happened, he looked just as scared as me. when we got back outside, we saw his date getting into a car with the guy from the woods; derek hale. how did he even know she's be here? and what did he want with her?

stiles had also been drinking, but thankfully i hadn't. i took his keys and drove frantically to scott's house. we didn't speak on the way over, and thankfully we weren't pulled over.

when we pulled up, stiles went inside. i, obviously, didn't hear their conversation, but when i saw scott jump out of his bedroom window, i ran out of the car and over to him. what i was met with terrified me. his eyes were golden, he had hair all over him and fangs. i don't think scott recognised me, but when i got in his way, he swiped me out the way. i hit the fence behind, but thankfully it didn't break. as i winced in pain, i watched as my best friend formed into more of a monster, and eventually growled. he ran into the road, and i lost sight of him when stiles stood in my eyesight. 

"oh my god, t." he knelt to my level and moved my hair away from my wound. scott hadn't just thrown me; he'd scratched me with his claws. stiles, with my permission, pulled down my dress, revealing half of my bra. more importantly, revealing the extent of my injury. the scratch wasn't too deep, or too big, but i was bleeding intensely. "we have to get you to the hospital."

"we have to find scott first." stiles nodded, and helped me get up. i was struggling to stabilise myself because of the pain i was in, so stiles wrapped his arm around my waist, and i put my arm around his shoulder. when he got me to the passenger side of the car, i stopped him.

"what?" he asked, waiting to walk to his side of the car.

"something's not right about allison. i have a weird feeling about her." he nodded, and then chuckled.

"well, she likes our dork of a friend, so you're not wrong." i couldn't help but smile at his response, stiles could always make light of any situation. he helped me into the car and then began the drive to allison's house. i didn't watch him, but started to try and examine my cut. i couldn't look at the part of my body it was on. 

stiles frantically ran back to the car, and informed me that allison was safe. it appeared that derek had dropped her home, just like he said he would. i was confused as to what derek's plan was, and why he was involving himself with allison, but also why he was so concerned with scott and what had happened to him. it's not like they knew each other before everything started happening. 

we continued to drive around beacon hills, looking for our friend, but struggled to find him. with the radio playing quietly, we spent half the night looking for him. obviously, we became worried, but he wasn't answering his phone, and we couldn't find him, so there wasn't much else we could do. it's not like we could go to the sheriff, because what was happening to our friend wasn't all human. 

instead of taking me home, stiles took me straight to the hospital. although my parents would have to come and sign all the paperwork, i didn't want them asking too much about what had happened; what caused my wound. i had stiles' blazer over my dress. for the party i had paired a strapless, black and white striped dress with black leggings and my purple converse. however, the white parts on my torso had been stained with blood. he walked me into the hospital, where i was greeted by melissa mccall. stiles hugged me and then walked back to his car. scott's mother was ever so kind to me, as she always was, and sat with me until there was someone available to help. thankfully, the hospital wasn't too busy. this meant that i was seen to and treated pretty quickly. 

also, i was very thankful for the fact that both my parents were unavailable. this meant that i was unable to get home. melissa was about to get off her shift when i finished, so she offered to take me home. i graciously excepted. her car was falling apart, and i really felt for her. i obviously didn't say anything, as i'm sure the last thing a grown woman would want is a privileged teenage girl pitying her for not being able to afford the fanciest things. she played the radio quietly, and we found ourselves singing along. i was extremely comfortable with melissa, seeing as i had know her for as long as i could remember. my mother and her were friends in high school, and stayed friends until they had kids. melissa was like our second mother. however, everything changed when our parents fell out. apparently, when my parents started making a lot of money, the mccalls thought they had turned snobby. they didn't seem like those kind of people, which is why i never stopped being friends with scott. that's just what i was told, but my parents are almost never honest with me.