n i n e t e e n

"plus, i'm definitely a better yoda than derek." i rolled my eyes as stiles spoke about how he was going to teach scott to be a werewolf. 

"stiles, you're not a werewolf. derek is." i replied, sipping my juicebox. he seemed genuinely offended by my comment, but i just continued to drink. 

"yeah, i'll be your yoda." stiles continued, completely disregarding me. after a failed yoda impression, and being ignored by scott, stiles got annoyed. "all right, you know what? i definitely still hate you."

he began to gather his stuff and stood up from the table we were eating at. then, he looked at my unbothered ass.

"you coming?" he asked. i looked from him to scott, and then back to him, before sighing and collecting my stuff too. stiles dragged me away from the table. this caused scott to leave too, not because he wanted to apologise to stiles, but so allison didn't see him. whilst scott hid from allison, i walked with stiles to his locker. we walked in silence, and only spoke when i leant next to him.

"stiles?" i began. he responded with a simple 'yeah', without looking at me, instead at the contents of his locker. "can i talk to you? about the other night?"

his eyebrows shot up, and his eyes widened. before responding, he sucked in his bottom lip and slammed the door shut. "nope." 

he quickly scurried down the hallway, before i could process his response. 

"stiles! stiles, don't walk away!" i called after him, but didn't have the energy to chase him. he threw his hands up, whilst continuing to walk away from him. "urgh!"

there was still like ten minutes left of lunch, but seeing as both of my friends had disappeared, i had nothing to do. a few people were dotted around the halls, and then i noticed allison. she looked hurt, i'm guessing it was because scott practically ran away from her. to get to my next class, i would have to walk in her direction. i tried to remain unseen, by hanging my head low, but she called out after me.

"talia!" i was slightly ahead of her, so i took my chance to cringe. i wrinkled my face up, and then sighed, before turning around and approaching her. 

"hi, allison." i said, forcing a smile. she responded with a more genuine smile, which soon dropped as she began to speak.

"do you know why scott is avoiding me? i mean, you're one of his closest friends, has he said anything? i don't know what i could've done to up-"

"you haven't done anything!" i cut her off, "i mean, not that i know of. scott hasn't said anything. maybe he just wants space."

i knew that he was actively avoiding her, and why, but i couldn't tell her that. thinking my response was adequate, i shrugged and began to walk back in the direction of my next class. allison stopped me, though, by clasping my forearm. this caused me to look at her, with a slightly pissed off expression.

"sorry, just... i have a feeling that you don't like me." she spoke softly, and i could see that my cold presence towards her was hurting her. 

"i don't not like you, i just don't know you." i responded, smiling. she nodded, and smiled back. "all i know, is that my friend really, really, likes you. and if he trusts you, then you must be doing something right."

"he really likes me?" she asked, hopefully. i nodded and playfully rolled my eyes, and she grinned in response. "here, lydia and i were supposed to hang out on saturday. why don't you join us?

she pulled my hand in her direction and wrote down a phone number. i thought about it for a moment, and then nodded.

"okay, text me, and i'll let you know what's happening!" allison said, before walking off, with joy in her step. i pulled my phone out of my bag, and added her number into my contacts. so she would have my number, i sent a simple text. i knew that telling the guys would lead to an abundance of questions, especially stiles prying about lydia.