CH.14 The Pond

YOUR POV
I finally got home. Mom is still away on the business trip. I sighed. I really miss playing volleyball. Now I can't even jump like I used to. Much less run for 2 whole hours and diving for volleyballs. I sighed again then I remembered why it's like this why I can't play anymore.

Flashback to 2 year middle school beginning of volleyball season>>>

We were playing against the other the team our scores being tied with each point gained. I was our ace and the second best receiver most of all the captain. I have been playing since I was four years old, since my dad loved this sport and I enjoyed it to. Anyway it was match point for the other team, were were one point behind and their best spiker was about to spike but they sent a decoy, but I saw through it.  I pushed harder and harder to reach the other side. And I did it. I blocked it but it was so strong that I fell from the air hard and landed on my right/left knee (depends on your dominant side) i heard a cracking noise and a stabbing pain I cried out and the referee blew the whistle. My coach and manager both came up to me. I tried walking but I couldn't even move my knee. Eventually the paramedics came and carried me on a cot. But by then we had lost the game that's the only thing I could think about and could care less about the pain I felt. My parents were in the ambulance car with me. I as an athlete knew before the doctor even told me I couldn't play ever again, when you hurt your knee it never is the same as it used to be, even I knew that. I started to cry. It was all over before it even really began.

I was on the hospital bed waiting for the doctors final results with my parents. He finally walked in. When his eyes met mine full of hope he averted his and sighed.
"I'm sorry to say this but you broke your knee and certain parts were fractured so you will need surgery. And whether you get the surgery or not there is no way you'll ever be able to play volleyball again. I'm so sorry but your knee and other certain parts of your body such as the wrists, ankle, and elbows never recover fully once broken or fractured." As soon as he said that I cried. I knew it was coming but couldn't help but still have a little hope and faith, even though it was all crushed. He apologized once again and left. My parents went with the nurses and discussed dates for my surgery and how much it'll be with insurance along with the visit. They never told me how much it costs but I know it was expensive.

I'd finally gotten my surgery. And stayed in the hospital for two and half weeks. My whole team along with the manger and coach came to visit me and they were informed by my parents that I could no longer play. It was my first day back to school I had to use crutches since I wasn't fully recovered. It was break and I was going to use the restroom but I over heard two familiar voices as I walked out of the classroom.
"I'm glad she's off the team she took all the spotlight always spiking and receiving everything, not to mention she always bossed us around just because she was captain."
"Yeah I'm glad she's gone she was such a pain in the ass, and she's so pitiful I'm sure it didn't even hurt that much, she just wanted some extra attention."
I then heard their footsteps so I kept on walking but they saw me.
"You don't think she heard us right."
"No probably not." But I did and every word was like a knife piercing my heart. I got to the bathroom and cried I've lost everything. I lost volleyball my favorite thing in the world, (other than family) I lost my two bestfriends, I've even lost my freedom to run and jump, and most of all I've lost all of my hope, faith, and dreams. My heart is shattered at this point. I continued to cry for the rest of the break, surprised no one had to use the restroom. I was offered to be a second manager for the team and I was gonna do it until I heard those two. When I got home that day I decided to go to the usual area that calms me down. The pond in our neighborhood. It has one cherry blossom tree that I lean on when I sit down that faces the pond. And the pond is a beautiful color when the cherry blossom reflects off of it. It's the only place other than the volleyball court I can relax.

 It's the only place other than the volleyball court I can relax

(Pretend it's evening and it anime kay)

I was just chilling with my eyes closed when I hear voices of two boys walking past. I looked up and saw one with blond hair and glasses. He had a blank face. And the other had green hair and freckles. He had and innocent and sheepish look on his face.

Present>>>

YOUR POV
I finally came back to reality. Wait was that beanpole and Yams that day. Are you serious I've never thought of this. Any way I decided to go back to my usual spot. I sat against the tree breathing in the fresh air. I sat there for about an hour until it got dark outside. I was about to go home until I heard beanpole.
"Hey chibi-chan whatcha doin?" He said walking over as I sat back down.
"Just thinking."
"About what?"
I just stared at the pond with a small smile as the wind blew.

TSUKKI POV
"About what?" I asked. When I got no answer I looked over. She was just staring at the pond with a small smile as the wind blew her hair at the perfect moment. She looked absolutely stunning.
(He's aloud to say that because he already knows his feelings)
But I'm really curious as to what she was thinking about.
"Hello earth to chibi." I said trying to get her attention.
"Hmm." Was all she said if you can consider that a word.
"What were you thinking about?" I asked her.
"Oh nothing." She said to me with a smile but I could tell she was lying.
"Tell me the truth." I said.
"I did." She said and pouted.
"No you didn't. Now tell me." I said while pinching her cheeks.
"OWW STOP BEANPOLE!!!"
"Then tell me and stop yelling the neighbors are trying to sleep." I said.
"Fine." I let go and let her explain
" so ^insert flashback^. Yeah that's what happened." Wow I didn't expect her to be thinking about all that that's a lot. I snapped out of my own thoughts to find her already walking away.
"Hey where are you going?" I yelled out to her.
"Home." She said without facing me. But I noticed her voice broke when she said that. Is she crying. I ran over to her and turned her around and she was indeed crying.
"Let me go beanpole, right now." Her voice broke again when she said 'right now' then without thinking I hugged her. She's so small but fits perfectly. And she hugged back.

YOUR POV
"Home." I told him to embarrassed to turn around. I was crying like a baby even two years later. I heard fast footsteps and all of a sudden I felt a hand on my wrist, it was Tsukishima. I turned around a little angry but just sad and upset.
"Let me go beanpole, right now." I just wanted to go home. Then all of a sudden my face was against something soft but solid and it was comfortable. I later felt arms. One on the back of my head and the other on the small of my back. Wait Tsukishima was hugging me. I wanted to push away but for some reason I just hugged him back like it was instinct. My arms wrapped around his sides. And we just stayed there in the warmth and comfort of each other for what felt like hours but was only two minutes.
"Hey you kids get outta the road." We instantly broke apart. I looked up and saw a man sticking his head out of the window while honking at us.
"Sorry." We both bowed and apologized. We both got to the side walk. I saw Tsukishima's face and instantly felt heat on mine. This is so embarrassing now.

TSUKKI POV
"Sorry." We both bowed to man in the truck. I walked to the side walk and saw Y/N and I felt an unnatural heat on my face. Oh god I'm blushing this is so embarrassing. I decided I would just walk her home now. So we just both walked. And we finally got to her house.
"Bye Tsukishima and umm... thank you." She said, my face dusted with pink.
"Yeah uh its fine bye." I walked off before my face became an apple and tomatoes child. I heard her chuckle behind me and smiled a little.

YOUR POV
I chuckled at his childish behavior and went inside. I yawned and stretched my back. I took a shower, ate some food, watched some anime, and eventually went to sleep. But the whole time the only thing I thought of was that stupid beanpole Tsukishima.

Oh oblivious reader if only you knew.
Anyway this is just an extra chapter since I'm bored. So enjoy.

- XOXO owlzinc❤️❤️❤️