20. Bunny boy

"I wanna live,

not just survive"

**********************************************************
Author's pov
**********************************************************

"How are they like? You parents?" She asked while putting another spoon in his mouth.

"Well, they are...tough I guess" He said

"What do you mean?" her eyebrows furrowed at his statement.

"I mean, they won't be easy to impress, or they might not accept you readily" Jk revealed

Rachel couldn't help but bite her lips. She may not consider this marriage more than a deal but she really wanted his parents to accept her. She might not care that Jk love her with his whole heart but she wanted his parents to do so. She doesn't want to loose the chance of having parents again. Ever again and his parents were her last shot on having the love she had been deprived of for so long.

"Specially my dad, he wants his daughter-in-law to be tough. One of the main reason I chose you. You fill up every category you know, like pieces fits to puzzle" He said

"I didn't get the last part" She was confused with his last words.

"Well my mom values education a lot. I myself have masters in business category because she never let me escape studies despite of all the gang issues. And as you see, you have like thousands of achievements in education field.

She values women who speak for themselves and you madam do that very well

And as I said, my dad wants my wife to be able to tale care of herself when she is alone, which I agree the most. You see Angel, the life in which I am living is quite tough. My loved ones are always in danger. That's why my identity is concealed in real world. I don't go by real name in mafia world. My parents live separately from me.

I obviously can't be with my partner 24*7  to protect her. Even if she is alone for a minute, she should be able to protect herself, until I come at least.

And when I saw you that day in the hospital, fighting with such skill and fire, I had my eyes on you. It wasn't your problem yet you were there to protect your colleagues. You weren't afraid to dive in the deep water. And it is really a remarkable quality and essential for being a Queen.

See Angel, I am not saying I won't be there to protect, I will, I will do it every cost but lord forbids if I am a bit late, you shouldn't be 100% vulnerable.

And not to be said, you are beautiful and sexy as well. Good for my status in society isn't it? " He said while winking at last, in attempt to make the atmosphere a bit lighter.

Rachel rolled her eyes in annoyance and jumped from the counter to the floor and said

"Listen bunny boy, everything is okay but what if they reject me?" She said

"Wait a minute, bunny boy? Excuse me?" Jk scrunched

"Excused, now moving on.....?!" she hissed

"Whatever, well, they can sulk what else. After all, the documents are registered, nothing can change any way" Jk informed.

"Will we ever get divorce?" She asked while leaning at the counter.

Silence crept between them.

"Answer me" Rachel said softly

"Yes, but I will be removed as King instantly. Because if a Kingpin can't take care of his personal relationships, how is he supposed to take care of the Kingdom" JK said while looking straight into her eyes and at that moment, Rachel felt weird.

That was surely the reason for Jk but he also didn't want to see her going away with another man, he couldn't loose such a valuable asset.

Was that it? She had to be with the guy she didn't love for her whole life? Her whole life will be in constant danger?

She didn't know how to react, She was happy and sad and whatnot. She understood every emotion but not the small beam of happiness inside her. 

For last few years, she didn't had anyone beside her and she didn't had any chance of getting any family, but now? She got her best friend back, apparently a husband and parents too.

"I think we should sleep" Jk said

"Wait...where do you sleep?" Rach asked

"Where do you think? With you off course" Jk said while shrugging his shoulders

"Excuse me?" Rach exclaimed

"Now you are excused. Well told ya, everywhere, there are only 7 accommodations are available. So obviously, you are stuck with me, specially now that we are married" Jk declared

"You are kidding me right?"

Jk got up from his stool and crossed the distance between them, caging her between his arms. Their foreheads brushed a bit as Jk leaned a bit to level with Rachel's height and said

"C'mon Angel, you can guess with you killer brains that I am in no mood of Joke"

Rachel looked in his eyes, almost loosing herself in his eyes but before that she snapped out and ducked down, escaping from his cage and giggled.

Jk rolled his eyes and both made the way to their bedroom.

They both plopped on their side of bed, making sure that invisible wall between them doesn't clash down. Their backs were facing each other but both of their eyes were shot open due to nervousness.

Jk slept earlier with her but at that time he knew that she was asleep but as per now, now that they were a bit more close and the fact that she was his now, at least legally, he was nervous was an understatement.

Where as for Rach, it was the first time that she acknowledged Jk beside her on the same bed. Morning moments came rushing to her, making her cheeks red as tomato and the scene in the kitchen was like a cherry on the top.

She now knew that she was sexually infatuated with him. She wanted him to pleasure her but she also didn't want to crush down the walls she created. Plus she didn't know whether she was ready to fool around with her husband without any emotions attached.

*********************************************************

"Nooooooooooooo, leave her"

"I wouldn't, now she is mine to play with.

Move and she dies"

And suddenly everything went black

_______________________________________________

A/N: I don't question any profession or country. It's just an imagine of mine and total work of fiction.
Any similarity is just a pure coincidence.

Thank you for reading
Kindly, vote and comment your feedbacks, it helps to improve and have motivation.