38. My King

Blurred vision threatened her eyes, she inhaled sharply the oxygen which hardly was enough for her. Hot tears escaped her eyes, falling carelessly on the table of her's. Her hands were trembling while a paper was in her hand. She covered her mouth, to cover her sobs but failed miserably.

V got utterly confused and snatched the letter from her hand. JM on the other side panicked seeing Rachel burst like that. He immediately called everyone in his den and played the CCTV of her room on the big screen.

"Read it loud bro" JM said on the mic.

V wet his lips and started reading...

"Saw you on the news sisso, you looked beautiful. I am glad to know that you became someone this big and achieved so much. I am proud of you love.

I am sorry I didn't contact you earlier but I swear I tried. I went to our old home, you weren't there. I went to your old job place but you weren't there either and your information was rather confidential and as I had no proof to be your family member, I couldn't find where my sister was.

And now when I saw you on TV, I was shook but happy. When I got to know here you were working, I couldn't stop myself from contacting you. Sorry if I disturbed you.

I want to tell you that I am fine and recovered. I was taken down by the opposite enemy and the hullest was stuck in my chest for a long time, leading to many complications and me slipping in coma. And I just got well three months back.

I miss you so much sister, I love you.

Your brother,
Ryan Reinhart 🤍

PS: you can call me on this number, only if you want
xxxxxxxxx"

As soon as V finished reading it, the cried of Rachel became louder. V got up and went to her side and hugged her from side.

"Get her home"  Jk said on the mic.

V helped her getting up and took her to the car from the back side of the hospital again.

When they reached home, the first person she saw was Jk who was waiting in the driveway like a mad person waiting for her. As soon as Rachel set her feet on the ground, her legs automatically rushed towards Jk's arms who thankfully caught her in time despite of the large force exerted by her.

He hugged her protectively while Rachel cried her balls out. She couldn't believe that the brother she thought was dead, is back from the dead. She mourned him alone, she was loner than before. She had nobody beside her and studied hard with all her might, to distract herself.

She was officially an orphan then, causing her to donate her saving to the orphanage as she started seeing herself in them. She started to understand the deeper emotions than before.

She also started putting extra efforts in her patients as she didn't want their family to feel the loss ever again specially when she had the ability to stop it or stall the time for a bit, letting them spend as much time as they could with their family and actually bid their goodbyes which she never actually got the chance of.

Jk carried her to their room and instead of bed, took her to the balcony. He sat on the swing and made her sit on his lap and let her cry and hug him like a koala.

"Angel?" Jk whispered and she looked at him with her wet eyes. Jk wiped the dry stains off her face and wiped the fresh tears as well and continued

"Shall we call that number? You want to call?" Jk asked carefully and she looked down while playing with the fingers of Jk instead of her's.

"Baby, it's normal to feel hurt in a situation like this. But think like this, your brother is back. He came back from dead for you. He loves you Angel. He is your family isn't he?

He wants to meet you, and you read right? It wasn't his fault. It wasn't like he didn't want to but his situation didn't allow. And as soon as he got to know where you werr, he immediately contacted you didn't he?

So I want to say that, that you should meet him and give him a chance huh? I can see Angel, you missed him too.

Just sleep on the thought of it, there is no rush, not at all" Jk assured and Rachel nodded in response and mouthed thank you to him. He nodded and kissed the crown of her head. He made the maid come and get them some dinner which they had in the balcony itself.

Just when Rachel thought that she would have the piece of her life back, this big bite came which she never expected. She was tired of crying now. She felt as if she had become some crybaby but it was normal for a human to have those emotions.

Specially when all the events in her life were extra adventurous and emotional. She wasn't getting anytime to stable her life or even a short break. Something or the other thing was definitely going on with her and her life.

Just the moment she was happy doing her chores, the bomb had to drop on her.

Even on bed while sleeping with Jk beside her, she couldn't sleep and kept thinking about her decision. She no doubt wanted to have her brother back but something in her wasn't ready to. Maybe wasn't ready to face her brother yet. She wondered all the scenarios that could happen when they meet after such a long time.

She tossed and turned and when she turned towards Jk who was sleeping peacefully but still held Rachel with protection, giving her a sense of protection and companion. She softly caressed his two-day-old stubble and his slightly parted lips. She traced his eyebrows and sighed. Her fingers played with his hair while sinking deeper in her pillow.

The thoughts of her brother subsided for that moment by the thoughts of her husband who was like best-friends-with-benefits. She reminisced every moment with him and realised that surprisingly this cold, ruthless kingpin was always there for her and beside her in past few months. Supporting her and caring for her.

She started realising that she was also leaning onto him, after so many years, she had someone to lean upon. Today as well, the first person that came into her mind was Jk not her long term best friend D. But it didn't come shock to her as despite of all the fights and not seeing eye-to-eye sometimes, they always made up till now.

She felt her heart racing as a thought brushed off her busy mind. She took her hands back and facepalmed herself.

"Shit, am I...am I seriously...falling in love with my husband? No...no...nooo, this must be feeling of just relying on someone or mere attraction" her thoughts raced even faster but the voice of her inner self wasn't getting down at all. It was increasing a lot, it's volume was getting even higher in attempts of denying it.

"I am NOT falling in love with him" she said to herself but softly and caressed his cheeks again

"I am already in love with this guy, who is known to be my husband...my King"

_______________________________________________

A/N: I don't question any profession or country. It's just an imagine of mine and total work of fiction.
Any similarity is just a pure coincidence.

Thank you for reading
Kindly, vote and comment your feedbacks, it helps to improve and have motivation.