39. Ray-Ray

"Hello?" A husky voice chimed at the other side of the call.

"H-Hi..." silence filled in air, both the parties didn't speak at all. Rachel sucked her lips in straight line and let out a shaky breath but a touch on the back by certain someone made her a bit relax.

"Rachel...is that...you?" Rachel nodded in response but she dryly chuckled and remembered he can't see her through audio call.

She whispered a soft 'yes' and waited for the response.

"I missed you" that sound made her cry again but it was happy tears this time.

"Me too" Rachel said while wiping her tears.

And the silence was there again until Rayn decided to speak, her brother

"Can we...meet?" She looked up at JK who nodded his head in response.

"Yes please" Rachel spoke on the phone which was on the speaker mode.

"Uh...I don't know your house" Rachel's eyes furrowed and answered

"How about you...come meet me at the cafe near my hospital today?" Rachel asked while anticipating for his answer which came in agreement after a few seconds.

Rachel hung up and sighed.

"You know you can call him here right? This is your home too?" Jk asked while placing his chin on her shoulder from back.

"I know, it's just that I want to talk to him alone" Rachel said and Jk made her face her.

"You did well and right Angel" and Rachel smiled but then bit her lips, remembering the realisation that hit her last night. And now that Jk was standing so close to her and supporting her, complimenting her, it only made her heart do somersaults, as if it was even possible but at that moment, everything felt real.

"I wish I had vampire powers to hear his thoughts ughh" Rachel groaned to herself.

She wished if she could know that, did he love her? Was she more than just a Queen to him? More than a responsibility? That he was obligated to?

She instantly brushed of all the thoughts as it was her fault that she fell in love with her husband. Sounds strange right? But again, sometimes reality is much more stranger than the teen-fictions.

"You should get ready now, I will make Jm send the message. Breakfast is ready so hurry up kay?" Jk said.

He went outside the room while Rachel started getting ready. She wore a black turtleneck full sleeves sweater and tucked it under the waistband of her blue jeans, pairing it with black boots having block heels.

She looked herself in the mirror and saw that she looked descent enough to work in a hospital and meet someone, his brother to be exact.

She head downstairs and had breakfast with others, later followed by V to their car waiting outside for the hospital. Before entering the car, Jk came and hugged Rachel, making her startle at first but relax after then. They finally bid their goodbyes and the driver drove off to the hospital. They again went inside through the backdoor as the news was yet to get down in control.

Rachel walked to her Dr.'s lockers and wore her white coat and ID card, not forgetting the phone and slid it in her coat's pocket. She walked out the room and the sound of her block heels echoed in hallways but wasn't audible as the chatters and other sounds were overlapping it.

She had her usual rounds with one GS emergency of an old man, which had to do as the other Dr. of that department was in surgeries of their own, scheduled weeks ago.