21. Pitch Black

"Sometime the worst place you can be is your head"

**********************************************************

"Did you find her?"

"No King, I---"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how could I have let this happen?"

"Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk"

"Joel, it's not your fault-"

"Not my fault? I fucking promised her that I would protect her. And the very next moment, she is nowhere to be found."

"I shouldn't had left her for that fucking call"

"JM, I don't care how but you gotta find her. You gotta give me the damn location, otherwise...otherwise I don't know what I would do"

**********************************************************
Jks pov
**********************************************************

I know it is not JM's fault, but I can't stop myself.

What a sick person I am, I still don't regret dragging her into my life. I always knew I was heartless and lacked of emotions but I never thought I would be like this, not having an ounce of regret in my flesh, in my every fucking cell.

On the very first day of our marriage, I failed to protect my queen. How am I supposed to protect my people? No wonder, everyone has been questioning my authority, now even I am.

How could I leave her there like that to just talk on a call? Specially when I know that some specific people are trying to fuck things up for me.

**********************************************************
Flashback (The next morning)
**********************************************************

"Angel? Wake up, we gotta go and pick up my parents for airport" I shook her softly.

"They are reaching so fast? Right in thr morning?"

"Who said it's morning Rach? It's 4pm" I said while lightly chuckling.

She got up in an instant, making me startle a bit. Her hair also bounced due to the force she used to get up. She looked at me so swiftly that I almost got afraid for her backbone.

"Why didn't you wake me up before?"

"Excuse me? I have been waking you since morning, but you always said five minutes more and slept back. Not my fault Dr. that you have so sleep deprived. Gosh how did you even wake up when patients came?"

"Oh hello, I know that there aren't any patient here that's why I sleep like a log. Now get out fast, if you want me to get ready as soon as possible" she snapped

"Ya ya fine"

And with that I left the room and sat on the kitchen, munching an apple. Everyone was at the airport already, only two of us had to reach now. I told them to go ahead as she was literally not waking up. Gosh, if my mom sees her sleeping like a baby, not giving shits about who is coming, she would pout like a baby herself.

But hey, to our defence, we didn't know that my parents would come today only. I guess they are really shook up hun?

Then I heard the door clicking, indicating that she is coming out, I turned towards her and damn she looked elegant. Before she could face, as she was keeping her phone in her purse, I snapped a picture of hers. Why? I myself don't know.