≫4

Lina jolted awake- eyes wide and frantic as she found herself in her own bedroom, and not on the cold floor

Lina jolted awake- eyes wide and frantic as she found herself in her own bedroom, and not on the cold floor. Sitting up in a frenzy, the girl winced as her abdomen throbbed, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the night before, which she was grateful for.

Jumping in surprise as her eyes fell to the side, Lina saw the mischievous, dark eyes of her soulmate raking over her- utterly deadpan as he stared at her. He played lazily with the girl's fingers as his scrutinizing gaze remained on her face, eyes narrowing slightly.

His dark brown hair fell over his face haphazardly, casting a shadow over his ominously gleaming eyes as they bore into her like sharp knifes, causing her stomach to churn.

Blood smeared over his cheek and dyed blotches of his hair a reddish color, yet the boy wasn't bothered by it in the slightest. He reeked of death, and the scent of blood and decaying flesh wafted off of him like a perfume, yet he wallowed in it comfortably.

His head tilted to the side, sending a dangly earring that hung off his ear to jingle quietly like a wind chime- almost sounding like a death bell to Lina.

His eyes were locked on her's, almost as if he had been watching her like a TV show, yet his face expressed no emotion; no entertainment visible as he blankly stared at her, his slitted eyes unmoving. Conveying an incapability to feel anything, Haechan remained motionless like a statue, and a chill crawled up Lina's spine, yet she didn't dare to look away.

Her heart beat strangely quickly, and her eyes were widened by a fraction as he mindlessly fiddled with her fingers, taken aback by his less-than-lucid appearance.

Fingers grazing over her skin, Haechan's hand inched closer to her wrist, and he slyly let his index subtly press into her flesh, feeling her erratic pulse without her even realizing what he was doing.

A malevolent smirk suddenly surfaced on his lips, and the action seemed to absorb all of the light in the room, casting a dark gloom upon her surroundings.

Mind frantic and heart pounding, Lina was at a loss for words as she stared into his endless, villainous irises that seemed to trap light like a cage- shrouding the world in shadows.

Swallowing down the nerves that had begun to creep up her throat, the girl attempted to smile thinly, but it faltered quickly as Haechan continued to intimidatingly stare at her.

Wondering if his mind was present, Lina pursed her lips together in concern- whether for herself or him, she could never tell.

"H-hello," She murmured, dread sinking in as she heard her own stutter.

She obtained no response, and the only confirmation that he had heard her was the subtle growth of his foreboding smirk, causing her to tense uncomfortably.

"I'm- uhm- Lina," She continued, slightly unnerved by his lack of reply.

"Haechan," He replied a bit too quickly, his voice ushering through Lina's ears in a fast ramble.

Internally noting that he could understand her, a breath fell from her lips as he seemed to observe her, like she was a study subject that he was researching.

Stomach twisting within her, the girl gulped back her discomfort and awkwardly glanced downwards, which caused Haechan's eyes to narrow.

Lifting a single finger, the boy ran his index finger across her jawline, ending at her chin before lifting it upwards, making her look at him once again.

Chewing on the insides of her cheeks, Lina stared anxiously into his shadowed eyes, and her stomach lurched viciously, nervousness flowing through her bloodstream in the form of adrenaline.

Clicking his tongue tantalizingly, Haechan's lips parted subtly as he watched her, and his face microscopically contorted with an unreadable expression, prompting Lina to wonder what was happening within his mind.

Feeling herself fall into the grasps of his tenebrous irises, Lina found herself lost within his gleaming orbs, breath hitching as she ventured into the dark sea of his eyes.

It was as if all of the life had been extracted from them, and all that remained was the ghost of what was; his irises only held shadows, outlining the shapes of what was.

His umbrageous glare seemed to pierce through her completely as she pondered of he could read her mind as his eyes seemed to examine her soul, seeing all of her sins and all of her faults.

Utterly engulfed by his crepuscular gaze, Lina felt like she had been placed under a spell, and was wrapped around his a finger, completely at his mercy as he only watched her.

Almost as if she had been jolted awake from a deep slumber, Lina blinked in confusion as a evil chuckle rapped out of his throat, his voice deep and husky as a shiver shot up her body- knocking her from her trance.

Slightly lost as she tried to deduce what had just happened, Lina pushed away her anxious feelings as quickly as she could, quickly attempting to regain her composure.

"R-right, want some breakfast?" She uttered awkwardly.

I swear I only get motivation at 4am like wth-