≫27

"Make a tourniquet," Renjun directed, and the faint sound of leisure footsteps on sidewalk filtered through Lina's phone as well

Lina's eyebrows furrowed, and she narrowed her eyes at a blank wall, silent for just a moment.

"H-how do I do that?!" She screeched, belt quivering in her grasp.

"You don't know what a tourniquet is?" He groused, sounding rather exhausted.

"I've read about it but I've never- just teach me!" She cried, voice shaking as she spoke.

Renjun sighed heavily, hesitating just a moment.

"Literally just put the belt near his wound and tighten it a fucking lot," He briefly explained, sounding slightly annoyed by her lack of knowledge.

Lina nodded hastily, and her fingers flew to slip the belt beneath his leg, looping it around it, but hesitated before tightening it.

"Above, below, or on the wound?!" She shrieked, fingers trembling as she held the object.

"Is the heart above or below the wound, idiot?" He barked through gritted teeth.

Expelling a sharp breath, she glanced at his dripping jeans, then his chest, lips pressing into a thin line.

"A-above."

"Above," Renjun repeated.

Shifting the belt, she filtered the leather through the belt buckle, yet her fingers ceased movement for just a moment as she met eyes with Jeno, swallowing nervously as her stomach did a backflip.

His chocolatey orbs swirled with a whirlwind of emotions, ranging from desperation, sadness, despair, and agony as his large, puppy-like eyes bore into her.

Lina's insides became a whirlwind of motion, creeping up her throat as the rancid aroma of metallic blood overrode her senses, descending her into a constant state of movement- feeling like the world was swaying around her.

"I'm sorry," She whispered, noticing a large, sticky lump begin to formulate in her throat.

Lina yanked the leather through the buckle, tightening it until it squeezed his leg harshly, and relentlessly fastened it, biting her lip as she did so.

Jeno's eyes clamped shut, and his teeth clenched together as his fingers balled into a fist, nails digging deep into his palms.

As if someone had lacerated each and every one of his nerves, his body erupted in pain, and he grunted quietly, leg twitching upwards- forcing Lina to hold it still.

Blood bubbled out of his wound, seeping through his clothes and trickling to the floor, adding to the sea of red that consumed the hardwood.

Lina's lips folded inwards as she suppressed the sob that frantically attempted to wiggle through her lips, filling her windpipe as she held it back.

Tears slithered down her face, her heart pounded deafeningly, and panic rived through her body, making her very veins writhe within her flesh.

"What do I do now?!" She yelled, eyes frantically raking across Jeno's pained body.

"You could stop screaming in my ear, holy shit," Renjun complained, and Lina has a strange urge to  slap him. "There's not much to do. I'm going to call the others, and I'll be there eventually, just stay with him, got it?"

Lina nodded hastily, then remembered that Renjun couldn't see her, and uttered out a quick 'okay.'

Heart beating like butterfly wings, Lina heard a soft click as Renjun hung up, and she placed her phone at her side, eyes fixed on Jeno.

His eyes shimmered with a salty liquid, teeth gritting together as a thick vein bulged from his neck, clearly agonized by the tourniquet and his wound.

Her hand found Jeno's once again, and she held his tightly, gnawing on her lip relentlessly.

"They'll be here soon," She stammered, trying to keep her quivering voice steady.

Jeno's eyes peeled off of the ceiling, landing on Lina- eyebrows clashing together, eyes narrowed with misery, and teeth grinding in an attempt to cope with his pain.

"W-wonder how th-they're getting m-me out of this o-one," He croaked, and his lips curled into what he intended to be a smile, but ended up being a grimace.

Lina's breath hitched in her throat as she wiped a tear from her face with the back of her hand, nodding rapidly.

"I don't know either, but you're going to be f-fine," She murmured, eyes shifting to the ground.

I hope.

Are you guys going to stab me to death if he dies