≫5

At the table they sat, yet neither ate much

At the table they sat, yet neither ate much. As Lina had learned, Haechan was still injured, and currently, their contact, paired with the soulmate bond, acted like some type of painkiller and numbed the pain whilst helping the boy heal, so Haechan hadn't released her hand from his clutches.

Despite that, Lina and Haechan's bodies still ached dully as slivers of pain seeped through the protection of their bond, and it caused Donghyuk to limp slightly.

Under his shirt and wrapped around his lower abdomen was a bloodied bandage, paired with a makeshift strip of cloth that soaked up the blood that leaked from his leg that was hid under his black jeans.

Haechan thought the stinging of his wounds were boring, and pondered letting go of Lina just for a bit of entertainment, yet he knew she would probably fall unconscious, and he didn't want to deal with that.

Jaw clenched subtly, Haechan's demonic eyes bore into his surroundings as he noticed how normally his brain was acting, casing his nose to scrunch in irritation.

Rolling his eyes passively at himself as his mind remained clear, the boy sighed as he slipped a bit of food past his lips, lazily chewing it as she glared around him like he hated the world around him.

"I hate being lucid," He grumbled, his cruel eyes staring judgmentally at everything in his line of vision.

Lina's eyes widened a fraction as she wondered if he was actually insane, yet she didn't dare to speak as she nibbled bashfully on her waffle, and her stomach churned silently, discomfort causing her to tense.

You see, the issue with being...well, sane, was that his mind worked properly, and that was no fun. Sometimes you have to go a little crazy to think up am insane idea that just might be a thrill, and Haechan would do anything for a bit of entertainment, even if that mean selling his soul to the devil.

A bit of chaos and a pinch of uniqueness mixed into a beautifully entropic hurricane, and Haechan's whirlwind of a mental state was like a giant tangle of endless mayhem to inspire a bit of fun in such a bleak world.

Haechan's eyes hitched on Lina, and he noticed a smudge of syrup streaked the corner of Lina's lip, causing the boy to sigh.

"Look here for a minute," He uttered lowly, turning his body to face her properly.

Slightly startled by the casualty of his voice, the girl's head twitched towards Haechan, eyes partially wide in worry. He lifted a hand to her face, but she instinctively flinched away, causing the boy's lips to purse together.

"Relax, I'm not going to kill you or something," He mumbled, his deadpan eyes glaring deep into Lina's.

Warily watching him, Lina sat still as he lazily wiped the syrup from her cheek with his sleeve, and Lina murmured a quiet 'thank you.'

Before Haechan could retract his arm, Renjun seemed to burst out of oblivion and pushed Donghyuk away- nearly knocking him off of his chair.

"Dude, what the hell?" Haechan exclaimed, fingers instinctively clutching his abdomen as it began to throb more noticeably, which Haechan didn't mind.

Renjun, lips pressed into a fine line, stood awkwardly yet defiantly in between the soulmates, yet Haechan's fingers were still clasped over Lina's.

"Too much contact," Renjun protectively uttered, prompting Lina to roll her eyes, "I don't trust you at all- you're probably planning to blow yourself up or something I swear-"

"Honestly I wish, but as of now my plans are free," He murmured defensively, blank eyes narrowing at Renjun.

Renjun stopped momentarily as his gaze raked skeptically over Donghyuk, crossing his arms.

"Are you like... I don't know- normal right now?" Renjun groused accusingly, almost as if he was implying that something was terribly wrong with Haechan.

Donghyuk rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time, and standing up to face Renjun properly, the boy plastered a crazed smile upon his lips- eyes suddenly widening in amusement as mirth danced through his eyes.

A shrill giggle pierced through the air, and Haechan's head flopped to the side- staring at Renjun with a unstable amount of joy as he wobbled closer, rocking back and forth from the balls of his feet to his heels.

Head swirling around on his neck languidly, Haechan's eyes twisted malevolently with torturous flames that scent Renjun on edge, yet he stood his ground.

Resembling a deranged clown preforming an act, Haechan's foreboding laugh echoed through the room once more, and his manic eyes vacantly bore into Renjun as if he was staring through him.

"Am I sane?" He cackled, eyes swirling around crazily.

Face suddenly going slack, Haechan's facade dropped and was replaced by a bored, deadpan expression, which creeped Renjun out.

"Yes," He grumbled, practically falling back into his seat.

Shooting Renjun a sharp stare, Haechan prompted the boy to avert his gaze, and Renjun began to clutch the bridge of his nose, shaking his head before deciding to plop onto the couch.

Donghyuk sat lazily upon his chair as he ate, utterly blank, and he seemed to radiate a gloomy mood- causing everyone in the room to be on edge, but more specifically, it made prickles crawl up Lina's spine tantilizingly slow.

Renjun watched the pair from the couch behind the counter where they sat, arms crossed as he glared sharply at Haechan, devoid of any trust for the 'maniac'.

As if a switch had been flicked within him, a trigger had been pulled, Haechan suddenly tensed, and his eyes welled with amusement as a mischievous smile stretched upon his lips, fingers tightening over Lina's.

In confusion, Lina glanced towards him, only to see his crazed eyes staring intensely into oblivion, fingers in his free hand whirling around like he was fiddling with something, yet his hand was empty.

A short, shrill giggle rose from his lips before his eyes whipped towards Lina, head lopsided as his wide eyes bore into her.

"Want to have some fun?" He chuckled, reminding the girl of a child asking to play.

:)