≫18

Lina squeezed her eyes shut tightly as Haechan's overjoyed body approached the deadly clutches of the ground, knuckles turning as white as paper as she desperately clung to the windowsill for support

Her knees were weak as her heart screamed in her ears, panicking as she began to wonder if this is how she died, which was a terrifying thought. Imagine the newspaper headline- Two Soulmates Die after one Jumps From Window For Fun.

Lina's breath was quick and uneven, beginning to hyperventilate as her mind scrambled and jumbled within her skull, and she had begun to delude herself to believe that she was about to die, along with the man she was destined to love.

Haechan was plucked from the air with a heavy thud, and all wind flew from his lungs, escaping his lips in one swift movement.

Lina, feeling the same sensations as Haechan, felt as if she had been harshly slapped across the back, yet she didn't feel the crippling pain of splatting against the distant ground that stretched out beyond her.

Dangerously leaning over the edge of her window, Lina hesitated before cracking one eye open- expelling a harsh breath.

Haechan was sprawled out upon a discarded, dirty mattress that rested purposelessly upon the grassy landscape that surrounded Lina's apartment complex. Presumably, one of her neighbors had left the springy object upon the ground in hopes of ridding it's torn figure from their estate, and not to save a lunatic teenager from certain death.

Like he had been struck by lightning, Haechan jolted into a sitting position like a zombie rising from his grave in a horrible, old-fashioned horror movie. As a crooked grin stained his red wine-colored lips, his eyes wandered upwards until they met Lina's wide one's, giving her a sarcastic, almost teasing, salute.

Gawking idiotically at the boy who lazily relaxed on the unforeseen mattress, Lina was devoid of a sentence to utter, or a rash reaction to his avoidance of decease.

As expected, Haechan wasn't absolutely fine after falling two stories from the sky, even if he did have a cushiony landing pad.

A chill of pain shuddered along his spine, and Lina felt it as well, but it blended in with her adrenaline- barely processing it as a feeling.

Haechan, on the other hand, showed no visible signs of anguish, but he wasn't ignoring the affliction either- rather, he was living with it, as if it was a companion of his; a warmly-welcomed sensation.

Cupping his hands by his lips to amplify his voice, Haechan languidly began to stand- stumbling slightly from the still-impactful collision with the stained mattress.

"'Cmon down!" Haechan called, waving enthusiastically at the girl.

Scoffing loudly to herself as her hand ran through her hair, accidentally pulling out a few strands due to stress, Lina's wild eyes were fixed on Donghyuk as her hands shook from her initial fear, and her unpreventable distress that had arose when the threat of death had drifted into her previously peaceful day.

Disbelief written upon her face, Lina gaped at him with a hurricane of emotions raging through her, causing her to feel just a bit insane- who purposely jumps out of a window?

"Are you crazy?!" She shrieked in response, fingers tightening on the windowsill.

"Yes!" He chuckled back, smiling broadly. "I'll catch you!"

Viciously shaking her head in denial, Lina gulped back the lingering adrenaline as she stared down at her soulmate, hair dangling over the edge of the window as her eyes remained fixed on him.

"From this high?! How would you manage that?!" She retorted, feeling anxiety prick at her chest.

Haechan's only reply was a shrug and a little laugh that caused Lina's heart to sink, crawling with anxiety.

Making the girl flinch, her bedroom door swung open, and Lina whirled around, eyes widened to the size of grape fruits as he saw her brother and Rin.

Tumbling inwards, Rin pushed Renjun out of the way so she could get a good look at Lina, whilst Renjun shot her a deadly glare, huffing loudly.

Rin's eyebrows were drawn as her eyes pooled with concern, examining every inch of Lina's appearance with a look of distress, which was both comforting and nerve-racking.

"Are you okay?" Her soft voice cooed, and Lina promptly nodded. "We heard a noise and-"

"Where's that fucker for a soulmate of yours?" Renjun grumbled, crossing his arms as he leaned against the doorframe.

"H-he's uh-" Lina spun on her heel, grasping the window frame as she glanced downwards.

Head craning down, the saw the vast field of green grass that stretched out beneath her apartment window, the old, stained mattress placed on the ground, yet no human walked the ground below her.

Her eyebrows clashed together as her eyes searched for the boy, yet her eyes were only met by the silvery gleam of a broken bottle, illuminated by moonlight, a sea of grass, and the surrounding buildings.

"He's gone?" She breathed, eyes narrowing.

Renjun's eyes raked over his sister, sighing harshly as she bend over the windowsill, searching for Haechan.

"He was outside of the window?" He deadpanned, leaning his head against Lina's now-open door.

Lina nodded hastily, glancing over her shoulder at her brother as her stomach prickled with anxiety, but she swallowed it down, pushing it away.

"Yeah, he- he uh, jumped," Lina elaborated, realizing that those were a few words she never thought she'd say.

Renjun huffed forcefully, rolling his eyes prominently.

"That's the second time this week," He groused, tone dripping with resentment.

"Third, actually," Rin chimed in, expelling a soft sigh.

Guess who's alive✌️

Guess who's alive✌️