≫26

Lina nodded, head bobbing up and down like a buoy on a choppy sea, eyes wider than the Atlantic Ocean

Her hands flew to her back pocket, shaking wildly before a frigid screen pressed into the pads of her fingers, and she yanked it out.

Her phone nearly clattered to the ground as she fumbled with it, pressing her password into the small device.

Scrolling through her contacts, she located Renjun's, and immediately called him- desperate for him to answer.

The monotone blaring of her phone blasted into her ears, and she promptly flinched, quivering as the noise droned on.

Her heart beat so frantically that the vigorous, speedy pounds of the organ blurred into one, endless tone, and it began to grow higher in pitch, morphing into a blasphemous ringing.

As if she was being rained upon, a ball of liquid slithered from her lash line, trickling down her cheeks and falling down her chin.

Her eyes were trained upon Jeno's paper-white face, and denied herself the freedom to look anywhere else, positive that she would burst into a flurry of tears and sobs if she did so.

His eyes were locked on her's as well, staring up at her like it would save his life, and his hand were as slippery as a dolphin's back, yet Lina didn't dare to look at the substance smeared into them.

Intertwining her finger's with his, she squeezed his hand, grasping onto to him like she could hold him here- in the world of the conscious. Despite her strong hold on him, his fingers barely folded over her's, brushing weakly over her skin.

The odor of iron made the girl crinkle her nose, and the oily substance squelched as she moved her fingers, yet she refused to let go of the male.

His legs didn't move, his head was locked in place, and his eyes never moved from Lina's face. It was almost as if he was stuffed- a realistic doll of sorts- except for the subtle rising and falling of his chest.

Lina couldnt even say he was breathing- it was more like he was wheezing, barely sucking in air and letting it out in little, audible puffs.

"What do you want?" Renjun's gruff voice grumbled.

Lina panted out a laugh, eyes growing wide as her fingers constricted on Jeno's, given a new source of hope for the boy.

"J-Jeno, he's hurt, and the house- the house it completely- I need you to get over here or- there's blood everywhere- listen- we need help!" Lina cried, voice breaking.

There was a deafening moment of silence that came from Renjun's end, causing Lina's heart to pound louder.

"What?" He deadpanned.

"U-uh-" the girl swallowed her panic, sucking in a deep breath. "Jeno. He-he's injuried an-and needs m-medical attention, a-a-and the house is t-trashed, s-s-so we-we need you to g-get over here."

Lina's lips pursed into a thin line, eyebrows clashing together as she peered down at the bloodied boy.

"Oh," Renjun uttered, and a heavy sigh sounded from his end. "Okay, where's he hurt?"

"I-I don't know," She whimpered, and she could practically hear Renjun's eye roll.

"Just follow the blood, idiot."

"R-right," She muttered, trapping a thick, shaky breath into her lungs.

Lina glanced down, fighting the uprising of bile that crawled up her windpipe.

His black shirt stuck to his abdomen, tainted with a reddish hue, and it outlined the bottom half of his torso, dripping with the substance.

His jeans oozed blood at the side of his thigh, seeping through his clothes and creating the small puddle of liquid that surrounded him.

"I-I think it's his l-leg," She said, eyes wide as she stared at it.

"Where?"

"His t-thigh?"

"Then it might've hit a major artery. Great- uh, find a belt," Renjun instructed, voice oddly calm.

Lina's eyebrows pulled together, but there wasn't time to question it, so she stumbled to her feet, pulling her hand out of Jeno's.

His eyes grew wide, fingers outstretched toward her as his eyes welled with concern, causing Lina's heart to ache.

"I'll b-be right back o-okay? I'll be back, I-I promise," She sniffled, chest tightening.

With a quick glance towards Jeno, her feet began to pump towards the hallway, weaving between broken table legs, tripping over torn books, and scrambling around turned over furniture of all sorts.

A shock of pain ran up her foot as she clambered into an upside down chair, making her squeak as she maneuvered around it, fumbling through the hallway.

At the very end of it was her own room, and she staggered into it, gripping her doorframe as she peered into the hurricane of a room.

Her bookshelf was sprawled onto the floor, and her clothes, bedsheets, and belongings were tossed carelessly onto the ground, bed shifted at a strange angle.

A distressing crunching noise sounded from each and every one of her footsteps, caused by the thousands of pages littered upon the floor.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, but she didn't have enough time to mourn for her belongings: she still had a gang member to save.

Head whirling around, she crumpled to the ground, sliding her hand beneath her bed as she blindly searched for a box- one she hadn't touched in ages.

A sigh of relief spilled from her lips when her fingers were met by the rough, edgy side of cardboard, and she yanked it into her view.

Her eyes raked over the old pictures that crowded the box, the mini teddy bears from her childhood, the bracelets she had grown attached to, until, finally, she found one of her old belts, and snatched it up, rushing from her room.

Dashing back towards Jeno, she shifted her phone to fit between her shoulder and ear, crashing back to the floor.

"Now what?!" She exclaimed, gripping the black, leather belt in her grasps.

How are y'all this fine evening