≫29

Soon enough, the rest of NCT Dream had slowly filed in, one at a time

Lina gathered that they had some type of mafia groupchat, and Renjun had alerted the others of Jeno's condition, along with the mess that was Lina's apartment.

Jeno's shallow breathing filled the air as his fingers played with the soft fabric of the couch, his nose crinkling as the overwhelming aroma of feathers tickled his nostrils.

Haechan leaned against the counter, chin resting in his palm as he swirled a salvaged spoon in his fingers, staring at a glass bowl with pizza-shaped holes littering it- filled with cereal.

Not long ago, Chenle had flipped a chair over, and was currently resting upon it, eyes drifting over his gang. Apparently, he was their leader, but he was being rather quiet- listening to both rebuttals.

He was slumped into the item, feeling a spring dig into his back. His stoic eyes sent chills up Lina's spine, and he looked like he could watch a massacre without expressing a single emotion, which caused Lina to swallow uncertainly.

However, as a girl with chocolate eyes and cute freckles passed by, his lips curled into a small smile, and he reached out to her- grabbing the air just in front of her.

Rin chuckled lightly before plopping into his lap, lacking any form of hesitance, and nestled into his chest, watching the others speak alongside him.

Lina's fingers traced the cold, edgy floorboards as she watched everyone converse, sharing quiet murmurs on what to do.

So far, there were only a two arguments: go to the hospital and risk jail time, or don't, and risk Jeno's life.

Jisung's elbows dug into the back of the couch, soft eyes flickering over Jeno's increasingly pale face. Beside him stood Jaemin, leaning over Jeno's leg in an attempt to assess the injury without touching it, and his lips fell into a thin line, eyebrows furrowing.

"They missed any major arteries, so he has some time," Jaemin articulated, finger hovering over Jeno.  "But not much, and we don't know how long he's been here. I vote for the hospital."

Mark, leaning against the wall, immediately crossed his arms, eyes narrowing at the blue-haired male.

"We're wanted. Whoever takes him has a chance to spend their life behind bars, along with Jeno himself," Mark grumbled, tone dripping toxicity. "We each have an important role in this gang, and we can't afford to lose two of us."

"Who cares?! Jeno's going to die otherwise!" Jisung cried, eyes widened with a deadly mix of anger and fear.

"Do you know how many enemies we've made that are in jail? He'll, along with one of us, will probably die in there too!" Mark barked back, taking a menacing step forward.