≫23

Haechan sighed heavily, placing his hands on his hips as he glanced around, a smile illuminating his cheeks

Lina and Haechan were the only one that occupied the space, along with Min- who soon stumbled to his feet, and chased after Jeonghoon.

Now, it wasn't imaginary eyes that bore into Lina, but real ones- scrutinizing everything about the girl, and sharing whispers relentlessly.

Lina picked at her torn shirt, eyed glued to the ground as she swallowed dryly, mind racing on, and on, and on, and on again about what they could be murmuring about, and if it was about her.

No- of course it was about her, but what were they saying?

Haechan's eyes narrowed as he noticed the unease that rived through his stomach- no, Lina's stomach- courtesy to the soulmate bond, he felt it just as much as she did.

Lina's leg bounced up and down, moving quicker than a racing horse on steroids as she tried to block out the quiet utterances of her audience, but the fear-striking noises wouldn't cease- haunting her pessimistic brain.

Her heart sunk to her feet, and her breath began to quicken, feeling like she couldn't breathe under everyone's stare- as if their mere eyes made her ribcage shrink within her body, squeezing her lungs.

She pulled down her shirt in an attempt to hide her stomach, using her arms to hide as much as her body as she could, but she couldn't help but feel terribly uncomfortable- especially with everyone watching her.

Her long hair acted as a curtain, blocking the people on either side of her, yet she could still hear them; feel their gaze on her.

Her eyes flickered upwards, and her quivering hand tiptoed towards her luckily unharmed book, pulling it towards her body, settling it into her lap to keep it close.

Her stomach swirled round, and round, and round as she viciously bit her nails, and she began to scold herself mentally; she was being irrational. What was there to say about her?

That she had been caught up in a one-sided fight that she hadn't participated in?

Or were they talking about how revealing her shirt now was? We're they calling her a slut behind her back? Were they critiquing her hair? Her figure? Her lack of action?

What were they muttering about?

Her breath began to grow quicker and quicker, yet she wasn't very aware of it- trapped within the dark corners of her mind.

Out of no where, a large piece of fabric fell over her head, and loosely draped over her like a blanket, drowning her in the black material.

Looking down, she realized it was a hoodie, and her eyebrows knitted together, running her fingers along the inside of it.

It was strangely velvety, and it cocooned the girl in warmth, covering her torso as the faint scent of fire wafted off of it, yet it was strangely soothing- like a friendly campfire.

Like a show curtain falling over her eyes, her eyesight was engulfed by darkness, and her head shot up, confusion pumping through her veins as she rapidly glanced from side to side- only seeing a sliver of light from the bottom of her vision.

Her arms poked through the sleeves, yet her hands were completely covered by them, giving her sweater paws that she quickly shook off.

Hands jolted to her face, and her fingertips were met my the soft fabric of a hood, causing her to lift it slightly- suddenly surrounded by the world she had seen only moments before.

Still holding up the giant hood, she spun around, yet her gaze was only met with empty air, a few staring students, and speckles of blood.

She swallowed awkwardly, fingers tracing the book in her lap as the hushed commotion of the crowded room began to die down, which felt like someone was slowly releasing their foot from Lina's throat.

Eyes drifting from side to side, she found no sign of her soulmate, leaving her without a clue of where he had gone.

"How does he do that?" She murmured under her breath, blinking hastily.

Her lips pursed together, hands shaking ever so slightly before she let the hood fall back over her eyes, and blindly gripped her bag that rested against her leg, bracing herself for the obnoxious school bell that she prayed to hear.

Hi:)

Hi:)