≫9

Lina, teeth gritted as her legs stung with the agony of a hundred bees stinging it and her stomach burning like someone had stabbed it with a handful of needles, opened the car door, practically falling into the seat as her leg was relieved of the...

Lina, teeth gritted as her legs stung with the agony of a hundred bees stinging it and her stomach burning like someone had stabbed it with a handful of needles, opened the car door, practically falling into the seat as her leg was relieved of the pain of standing.

Sighing harshly, Lina swallowed back a small whine of pain, fingers inching towards Haechan's hand, seeking relief through the soulmate bond.

A smirk pulled onto Donghyuk's lips, and the boy let out a short-lived chuckle, dark eyes gleaming malevolently within the shadow that seemed to follow him around.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" The boy teased smugly, a lopsided, devilish smile plastered upon his face.

Lina tightly pursed her lips together, glancing around warily before meeting his chillingly intense gaze, gulping awkwardly before she reluctantly nodded. As his wicked grin grew, the girl was forced to tear her gaze away, almost certain that she would turn to stone if she looked at him for too long.

"Want a painkiller, hm?" Haechan giggled, bloodstained hair blinding one of his eyes, yet he continued to stare.

Donghyuk's eyes had grown to different sizes- one squinted whilst the other was wide- and his blank, ravaging stare pierced into the girl, and she felt as if a sea of tiny spiders had nested in her stomach, crawling upon her intestines like a playground.

Lina's arm snakes around her woundless stomach, yet it pained her as much as it pained Haechan, and his injury hadn't quite healed yet.

Eyes shifting around in their sockets, Lina's breath caught in her throat as his eyes seemed to twinkle with a twisted mirth- the kind of mirth that could only be seen at the expense of others.

Hesitantly nodding, the girl found herself staring at her lap, too creeped out to face her soulmate as his crazed glare raked over her, a subtle giggle escaping his lips.

"Where's your 'please?'" He laughed, his tantalizing tone accentuating his husky voice, eyes narrowing.

Eyebrows scrunching together, the girl's lips parted, yet sound refused to leave her throat, confusion sleeping through her expression at his strange request. Stuttering incoherently before properly attempting the word, Lina's gaze flicked towards Donghyuk for a moment before pulling it back, finding his extreme stare unnerving.

"Pl-please?" She almost questioned, rubbing her nape subtly.

Haechan seemed to contemplate for a moment, and a prolonged 'hm' cut through the air, his smirk only growing as his eyes sparkled, roguishness reflecting on his irises.

Suddenly turning towards her with a wide, impish grin stretched so far across his cheeks that it seemed physically impossible, not that Donghyuk cared about the laws of physics.

"Maybe later!" He cheered happily, then promptly slammed his foot on the gas pedal of the car- flooring it.

The girl yelped in surprise as the car jolted forwards, arms gripping tightly on the door and dashboard in front of her to stable herself as Haechan blasted straight over a curb to escape the small parking lot they were in.