≫10

Lina slumped into her house, eyes widened and blank as the shock from the bomb still seemed to shake her to her bones, feeling unsteady- almost aa if her legs had become jelly and the ground was an ocean of movement

Ears ringing dully, the pale ghost of the girl seemed to float into the couch- promptly falling into it as she stared emptily at the ceiling above her, the pain of Haechan's injuries long forgotten.

Behind her skipped in Donghyuk, a large smile plastered on his face as he spun the keys around his finger, his crazed eyes whirling with the insatiable hunger for a thrill, gaze searching for a rush.

The drained girl was slouched upon the engulfing fabric of the couch, barely award of the spinning world around her as her seemingly hollow mind tried to process what had just happened.

Ineptly sorting her memories, she recalled leaving, getting in the car, the terror of Haechan's driving skills, throwing a bomb to avoid exploding into a fiery rage of death, then what?

Oh, right, how could she forget? (Note the sarcasm.)

The bomb that she had thrown was initially more powerful than she had expected, or she hadn't tossed it far enough, but she had hit her mark- the gathering of trash.

A moment of utter, suffocating silence had followed, and all oxygen had caught within her throat, not even daring to breathe as she watched the object rotate through the air, mind frantically droning in panic as her eyes followed the red stick of dynamite.

Her eyebrows were shoved together so tight in concern that she doubted they would ever separate again, and her heart was beating upon the inside of her ribs as she pondered the probability of having a stressed-induced heart attack at the moment.

It landed upon a bag that was hidden within the pile or garbage, and as a deafening silence cut through the air, but it was short-lived; a surge of scorching heat suddenly washed over the car, and Haechan's manic laughter shrilled over the roar of flames that had burst out in front of her, blocking her vision like a wall of fire.

Lina had desperately gasped inwards for air as all oxygen had seemed to be sucked out of her, only for her lungs to burn as the intense heat washed into her, filling her with a warmth unlike any other. Feeling as if someone had lit a match within her, Lina fell backwards into her seat as Haechan took a sudden turn, yet as they began to distance themselves from the explosion, the ravaging ringing of her ears refused to leave.

Haechan's eyes danced with flames as his lips released explosions of laughter, his chest lurching with conflagrations as his heart ricocheted around his stomach, loving every vicious wave of heat that washed over him.

Returning back to Lina as she remained crumpled on the couch, the girl let out a heavy sigh of disbelief, yet she could barely hear it over the persistent droning of her ears, throat dry as she stared into oblivion.

The girl's stomach twisted with guilt as she remembered the stupendous flames that had engulfed her vision, yet her regretting nature was juxtaposed by Donghyuk's excited one, which she could feel- courtesy to the soulmate bond.

Lina's mind was scrambled with worry as she thought about her actions, hoping dearly that no one had gotten hurt nor had anything of importance been damaged.

Lina hadn't seriously broken the law for- sure, she had J-Walked before, but nothing she could go to jail for- and was quite against it; law-breaking was always her brother's speciality.

Despite that, when Donghyuk had passed her the dynamite, her mind fell into a sense of fight or flight, she had decided she had to get away from the explosive, with minimal hesitance.

She had chosen flight, because how could you fight a bomb? A literal fist-fight with fire?

She had to get away, and the only way to do that was to throw it, and Lina tried to convince herself that it was survival; all crimes are justified in court if it's for survival.

Nonetheless, Lina still felt just as nervous and guilty.

Seeking a snack, Chenle sauntered into the room, yet as he noticed Haechan's overjoyed expression and Lina's distant, almost shocked one, he sighed heavily, pursing his lips together.

"What did you do this time?" Chenle huffed- not even aggravated by Haechan's constant disobedience, but rather exhausted by it.

Haechan's mirth-filled eyes shifted towards the gang leader of NCT Dream, his smile growing remorselessly as his tongue played with his lip ring, irises twinkling.

"We went for a ride," He vaguely explained, amusement seeping through his words.

Glancing towards Lina, Chenle leaned lazily against the wall beside him as his stoic expression displayed excruciation, almost as if he wanted to turn around, fall into bed, forget Haechan existed, and sleep peacefully.

However, as a responsible leader of his gang, the boy rolled his eyes passively as he watched Lina's wife eyes stare unwaveringly at the wall across from her, without even blinking.

"Yeah, no, you don't get freaking traumatized from a car ride with you," Chenle assessed, curious eyes raking over Lina.

"Well, you know how I drive," Haechan subtly giggled, eyes sparkling.

"True, but you're not allowed to drive in the first place," Chenle deadpanned, and his emotionless, drooping eyes bore straight through Haechan.

Donghyuk breathily laughed, lips pulled into an entertained smirk as his gleaming eyes shone demonically in their own, personal shadow.

"What are you going to do? Shoot me?" He scoffed, head tilting teasingly. "Be cool, Chenle."

Chenle's dead irises displayed no humor at his words, and pure tiredness caused dark bags to form under his eyes, yet Chenle's corpse-like appearance didn't dampen Haechan's mood.

"How the fuck do you keep sneaking out explosives?" Chenle grumbled, dark hair nearly obscuring his vision. "You know what, we really need to start patting you down before you leave our sight."

Haechan's sly smile only stretched farther across his lips, and his fingers itched to cause destruction, but he couldn't- not now, not yet.

"If you think that's going to stop me, you must really underestimate me," He chortled, eyes flashing dangerously.

Metanoia is the action/journey of change by definition

But who do you think will go through metanoia?

Haechan

Lina

Both

Or other?

Just curious ;)