≫11

Parched, Lina stood to seek water to rid her throat of its horrid dryness, stumbling towards the kitchen; only a simple counter separated the living room from the kitchen

Haechan leaned against the said counter- facing the fridge as his eyes narrowed at his phone, and Lina could hear soft gunshots and small explosions droning out of the device's speakers.

His hair was haphazardly flopped over his eyes, but he didn't bother to push it away- eyes glued to his screen as his fingers vigorously tapped against it. His teeth toyed with his lip ring as he focused on his game, slightly crazed gaze increasingly intensifying.

The girl, desperately avoiding eye contact as she slipped into the kitchen, attempting to ignore the sharp pains that constantly shot through her body as Haechan stood- carelessly affecting Lina in ways he was barely aware of.

As if he had sensed her presence, Donghyuk's eyes flickered upwards, immediately forgetting about his rather violent mobile game.

Per usual, a slight smirk graced his lips as his eyes began to follow her, and she felt his gaze, yet she blatantly refused to meet his eyes, stomach twisting subtly in her stomach as she fiddled with her fingers.

Fetching a glass from a cabinet, the girl tried to slide by Haechan without any contact, soon finding herself approaching the sink- too lazy to use properly filtered water.

As the cup began to fill with water, the girl's eyes narrowed at it, almost as if she was willing it to fill faster, yet it refused to. 

"Hi," Haechan whispered quickly, causing Lina to jump.

As if he had appeared from thin air, his voice had erupted from seemingly no where, his warm breath fanning over Lina's neck as heat seemed to radiate off of him- encasing her in coziness.

His lips hovered beside her ears, amused by her uneasy state as his sly eyes wandered over her, tongue tracing his bottom lip in entertainment.

Heart suddenly erratic, the girl's breath hitched in her throat, tensing as his closeness became apparent, but her only reaction was to freeze- shoulders high as she stood motionless.

He clicked his tongue teasingly as his gaze traveled her profile, irises twinkling malevolently with twisted glee as his tantalizing actions taunted the girl mischievously.

"So sweet," He murmured, his low tone causing anxiety to spike within her stomach.

As if a large hairball had accumulated within her throat, Lina found it difficult to swallow as she remained paralyzed, lips clamped together.

A husky, deep chuckle shook Haechan's chest as he prided himself on his ability to put her on edge so easily.

A sadistic smile prompting a shadow to loom over him, Haechan let his fingers graze across her arm softly, causing Lina to initially flinch. The pads of his fingers barely grazed over her skin, the sensation resembling the feeling of a dozen tiny spiders creeping across her flesh, yet the girl couldn't say she hated it, despite her taut demeanor.