Chapter 16 - The Dress

Maddie POV:
Tomorrow was thanksgiving, and my family was throwing a big dinner gala. They said they plane one every year but this one is special because they "are finally introducing me as a Valentino to the world." Apparently whenever a new Valentino is born they host a thanksgiving gala and invite the heads of the other mafias, and present the child to them. I guess it's my turn.

Everyone was setting up decor, cleaning, preparing. My dad said I had to get a dress and that one of my brothers would take me, but no one had yet. So I guess that's what I'm going to be doing today.

I walk into Alex's room "Alex can you take me dress shopping for the gala tomorrow?"

"Ya, but your brothers have to come too." He responded.

"Why?" I asked.

"Tradition. We have to go together when we each got our first suit. It's no different for you." Great now I'm going to have all seven of my brothers judging my outfit.

"I'll get everyone ready, meet me downstairs in 10" he told me and with that I left his room.

Ten minutes later I walked down stairs to see my brothers ready to go. "Come on Mads" Maddox told me.

Elias, Sam, Kade, and Colton got in the Rolls Royce, and Maddox, Alex, Noah, and I got in the G-Wagon and we drove to a store I didn't recognize.

"I thought we were going dress shopping?" I asked the boys.

"We are, but we always get our first suits and in your case dress at Casa de Moda it's owned my Lucia Francisco. She's made all of our first suits. She's a really sweet woman." Alex replied.

We got out and walked inside.

"¡Ciao Lucia!" Maddox yelled across the store.

"Oh mio Dio! Sei diventato così grande! È questo—" the woman, Lucia said. Although I have no idea what it means.
(Translation: Oh my goodness! You've gotten so big! Is this—)

"Yes this is our sister, Maddie" Maddox replied. She came over and gave me a big hug.

"Let's get you a dress!" She exclaimed!

She pulled my arm and started measuring. She showed me some styles and got a base of what I liked. This women was a master sewer, she made a base of a dress in 2 minutes top. She really knew what I liked. Nothing to flashy, I wasn't big on puffy skirts. After a hour of her sewing, fitting and prototypes she finished my dress. It was beautiful.

"Go show your brothers!" She whispered.

"Boys close your eyes!" I yelled to them.

"Do we have to?" Kade complained.

"Yes now do it." I responded and they did it. I walked into reveal myself dress. "Open"

^^^The Dress

^^^The Dress

They stood at me in shock. I was nervous they didn't like it.

"Maddie you look beautiful." Noah finally spoke up.

"Completely" Alex agreed.

"I don't like it she looks too grown up I want her to be five years old." Elias said sarcastically. "Just so you know I'm kidding, you look amazing.

"Important question is do you like it?" Sam asked.

"I love it" I responded

"Perfect. Let's get it and go home, you should rest up. The party won't end until the day after next and your going to be tired." Maddox told me. I changed back into my street clothes, Lucia packed the dress in a dress bag and sent us on our way. We went home and my father was sitting in the dining room.

"Hey Principessa, sorry I couldn't come with you to the dress shop, I really wanted to. Can I see it?" My dad asked smiling.

"You'll have to wait until tomorrow....sorry it's a surprise." My father sighed sarcastically.

"Okay...."