Chapter 19 - The Fight

Maddie POV:
It's officially the end of break when we have to go back to school. Elena and her family left to go back to Spain, but we have been still talking. We're trying out a long distance relationship, and so far it's working, but I miss her a lot. I was currently in my third period class which was math. I can't wait for lunch, this class is so boring.

Soon enough the bell rang and I was walking to my locker when the bitch Ashlyn came up to me. When will this girl get it through her head to stop talking to me I don't care what she has to say.

"Hey Maddison" she said as bitchy as possible.

"What?" I replied snarky.

"Just wanted to tell you that I know your secret."

I was confused, I didn't have anything most people at the school doesn't know. I'm kinda a open book, except about me being gay, I usually only tell friends after a while of knowing them.

"And what secret is that?"

"You like your brothers best friend. Ethan. I wonder how Colton would react if he found out. Or how Ethan would react."

I burst out laughing. "I'm sorry you think I like Ethan!"

"Oh I know you do, and I'm going to tell him unless you tell Kade to get back together with me."

"Wow you are desperate. And for your information I don't like Ethan. Tell him if you want but he's going to think your a idiot." I responded. I turned around and walked away.

I walked to another hallway when I saw student crowding around someone. In the center I saw a kid in my Chem class, I think his name was Carter, being beat up by another kid. I couldn't stand there and not do anything so I ran up and pulled the other kid off him.

"Back off!" I screamed at him.

"Bitch I wasn't done with him." The guy responded.

"Yes you are now get out of here." I leaned over to help Carter, but the other kid kicked me to the ground. By this time I was fuming and I punched him straight in the nose and it started bleeding like crazy.

"You bitch! You broke my nose! Your going to pay for that." He swing at me and before we made contact someone stopped us. It was Sam and Kade holding him back. The principal came running toward us as well.

"What's going on here?" The principal yelled.

"This bitch broke my nose!" The guy said.

"Mr. Dominic language!" The principal told him.

"Hey don't say that about our sister!" Colton yelled at him looking like he was about to punch him.

"You were the one beating up Carter!" I screamed at the kid.

"Mr. Dominic, Mrs. Valentino, Mr. Jones, my office. NOW!" The principal yelled.

I walked to her office and my brothers followed waiting outside. I explained what happened and was told to walk out. As I came out of the principals office I saw my father with a angry expression walking into the principals office.

After five minutes he came out. "Car. Now." He demanded.

I walked to the car knowing I was in trouble, ready for my punishment. I got in the passenger side and looked at him.

"The principal says you have two weeks suspension." By father said with no emotion in his face or voice.

"Sorry" I bit my lip.

"I'm proud of you..." I was not expecting that. Did he just say he's proud of me?

"What?"

"I'm proud of you for sticking up to that bully. And you broke the kids nose! You got a good right hook!"

"Wait your not mad?" I asked confused.

"No I'm mad, but I'm proud of you too. Of course your grounded. But since the fight started in self defense I'm only grounding you for 3 days."

"Thanks dad"

"Don't thank me yet. Phone." He held out his hand and I obeyed, handing my phone to him. "Good now, you want to get ice cream?" He asked and I nodded and we drove off to Baskin Robins.