Chapter 43 - Planning Pt. 2

Elena POV:
Time is ticking down to the wedding; I'm so happy. Today Mads, Max and I were going cake tasting. Max practically begged to come to the bakery with us, and I know he would have followed us if I said no. We were talking to the baker about what we wanted the cake to look like, we decided on a a four layer cake with flowers and a wedding topper of ourselves.

^^^The Cake

^^^The Cake

^^^The Cake Topper

^^^The Cake Topper

"Okay so let's try some flavors!" My gorgeous fiancé exclaimed. Fiancé, I love the sound of that, I can't wait to hear how wife sounds.

The pastry chef brought out around twenty different flavors of cake.

"Mmmm" was all my pig of a brother could say as he stuffed his mouth.

"Max you idiot that's for us not you." I told him as he was eating the extra samples for us. We were given three pieces per flavor for each of us to try.

"Sorry" He told us cake stuffed in his mouth.

After a while Maddie and I decided on a Vanilla bean cake.

We left the bakery and dropped my annoying older brother off at our mansion and went to Maddie's. We went up to her room and I was helping her look for her phone when I found something under her bed.

A book. "Hey baby, whats this?" I asked, for the book seemed to be handwritten.

She looked at me then the book and a look of sadness and joyful remembrance appeared on her face. "That was my moms cook book, she gave it to me incase I got hungry, but since Lucinda is here most of the time, I haven't gotten a chance to use it." She went back to looking for her phone when I got distracted by the book. I flipped through the pages until I landed upon a page that said Mom's Yellow Cake. I quickly took a picture of the page. "FOUND IT!" I looked up to see Maddie found her phone. "You wanna go downstairs and watch a movie?"

I nodded. "You go ahead, I need to, Uh, go to the bathroom." I hate lying to Maddie but I wanted it to be a surprise. I called the bakery again.

(E=Elena, B=Baker)

E: Hi, this is Elena Santiago, my fiancé, Maddison Valentino, and I were there earlier tasting cakes.

B: Hi, yes I remember. What can I do for you?

E: We decided on Vanilla Bean for all layers but can I change that to Vanilla Bean for the top three, and a different flavor on the bottom.

B: Of Course, what flavor did you have in mind?

E: I was actually hoping I could get a custom flavor. I can send the recipe over.

B: That's fine.

E: Thank you. Have a great day.

B: You too.

I really hate keeping things from Maddie, but I know she is going to appreciate the surprise.

After the call, I walked downstairs and sat with my baby on the couch and watched Charlie's Angels.