Chapter 40 - Ring

~One Week Later~

Maddie POV:
I've been thinking a lot about Elena. I think I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to buy her a ring. I'm going to buy her a ring to put on her finger and I'm going to propose.

I've been thinking about this since graduation. And I am now sure I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I love her so much, I know technically we still have a arranged marriage, but I want the proposal to be special.

I walked into my dads office and sat down on his couch. "What's up Principessa?" He asked.

"Dad—uh—I want to do something." I told him being very vague.

"Hmm and what would that be?"

"I want to propose. To Elena." I said slowly, scared to see his response. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"Are you positive?" He asked although we both knew the answer.

"I've never been more sure of something in my entire life." I responded and he smiled.

"Get your coat and meet me in the car." My dad told me softly.

I met him back at the car and we got in. He wouldn't tell me where I was going but soon enough we stopped at a jewelry store. We got out and my dad let me look around. I knew the second I asked, he would buy me any ring I wanted, no matter how expensive. However, I knew Elena, she wasn't the flashy type to want a hundred diamonds on a ring. I looked around until I found the one, I knew would be perfect. It was simple, but classy, and I knew Elena would love it.

^^^The Ring

^^^The Ring

"This one." I told my dad.

He came over and looked at it. "It's beautiful, she's gonna love it."

We bought it and drove home. My father said we had to have a meeting with Esteban about me proposing first, since it was still a arranged marriage.

After the meeting, where I was granted permission to propose, even though, if they said no I would have still done it anyway. I went back to my room and thought about all the elaborate ways to propose.

I was tossing the box up and catching it on its way down, using it as a fidget while thinking about the ways to propose when Kade walked in. "Hey sis." He barely acknowledged me, he sometimes just comes into my room and goes to my mirror and then leaves after looking at himself.

But this time it was different. He walked over to mans grabbed the box on its way down. "Watcha got here?" He asked annoyingly.

"Hey stop! Give it back!" I tried to grab it from him but he just moved it away.

"What I'm not allowed to touch it—" he stopped his sentence when he opened the box. He dropped his smile and had a unreadable expression. "Is this what I think it is?"

I walked over to him and took it back. "Yes" I replied simply. His face then grew a big smile, he walked over to me and picked me up and swong me around the room. "Ahhhh Kade!" He put me down.

"Maddie I'm so happy for you." Kade told me smiling. "Wait until the guys here about this!"

"Kade you can't tell anyone!"

"Why not?" He asked looking betrayed.

"Because I said so." I responded. "Now get out I have stuff to do." He stuck his tongue out at me and left the room. That's when I thought of it. The perfect way to propose to my beautiful and amazing girlfriend.