Chapter 32 - A New Threat

(A/N: Sorry I know I said I don't like large time skips because it can get confusing, but I feel like it's too rushed when it's one large event after another everyday. So I hope this doesn't trigger you but this chapter takes place 3 months after Lennox was born. Also side note but this is my favorite chapter I've written so far.)

Kade POV:
It's been three months since the fire, my siblings were fine and Maddie's burns where pretty much healed. We also managed to rebuild the entire mansion in record time; we were staying at the lake mansion while it was being rebuilt.
(A/N: I posted this story then realized I kinda left you guys hanging on what happened after the fire, so here you go. Sorry.)

Mads and I were taking Lennox to the park, we still haven't figured out who tried to kidnap him which has kept us all on edge. Whoever did it has been staying underground, which can only mean they are planning another big attack. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if our family was normal. How it would feel if we could just go to the park with our baby brother without another car full of security behind us at all times, but that's the price we pay for being a mafia family.

Maddie and I got out of the car; Mads opened up the back door of the Mercedes to get Knox of of his car seat. She's been such a good sister to Knox, she never likes to be away from him, I guess she's happy she's not the youngest anymore. We walked over to the swing, since it was pretty much the only thing Knox could do besides the slide. Maddie carried him over and put him in the infant seat and began pushing him. Knox would giggle every time he went high, and Mads and I would laugh. This is really the only time I get to feel normal, so I try to always go with Maddie when they go to the park.

We were taking Knox out of the infant swing to let him go on the slide when we heard gunshots.

"Maddie stay behind me!" I yelled at my sister who instinctively grabbed Knox and held him close to her body. I went to my waist band and grabbed my gun. I looked around and saw our men on the floor with bullet wounds from a sniper. "We need to get back to the car. Get in front of me and crouch and run!" She got in front of me and crouched as I crouched over her and Knox, ready to take any bullet coming for them. Maddie got in the back seat to help Knox with his seatbelt as I drove of quickly. Once Knox was strapped in, Maddie climbed into the front seat. "Call Maddox, dad in the woods he won't have cell service."

Maddie pulled out her phone and as it rang I drove. "Hello?" Maddox answered.

"Maddox, we just got shot at, at the park. Mads, Knox and I are okay, but our men are down." I replied before Maddie could get a word out. Suddenly a car crashed into us. After regaining consciousness, after blacking our for less than 20 seconds I turned to my sister. "MADDIE ARE YOU OKAY?" She looked at me and nodded. I turned to the back seat and Lennox was crying, but didn't appear to be hurt.

I turned towards the car who hit us, it was a black SUV with tinted windows which means it was most likely a mafia hit man. I immediately grabbed my gun. "Maddie, if things get ugly, get down." She nodded. A man got out of the car and approached us, I was about to pull my gun on him when I heard a gun cock. I looked over to see a gun pressed against my sisters head.

"I wouldn't do that if I where you." The man told us. I pulled my hand away slowly from the gun and put my hands up. "So here's what's gonna happen. Your gonna give your father a message. Tell him that he shouldn't have killed my father."

Before he could finish I interrupted him. "Oh ya and who was that?"

"Nikolai Ivanov. That's right," he must have noticed the surprise on our faces. "The name is Dimitri Ivanov." The man responded blankly. I was shocked, how could none of us know Nikolai had a son. "I want to make a deal. A eye for a eye." I knew what this meant and it wasn't going to end well. "He killed my father, so I'm going to kill his son." I looked over to Maddie, she was petrified. "But which one?" He peered to the seat behind me where Knox was. "Baby Knox or Big Brother Kade. Or let's make it more interesting....Little sister Maddison." He started pointing his gun to each of them in some sick and twisted Eni-Meni-Miney-Mo.