Chapter 30 - Birthdays

~9 Months Later~
(To help confusion, here's everyone's age: Maddox is 25, the twins are 23, Elias is 20, Sam is 19, Kade is 18, and Colton is 17. This also takes place in the summer while school is out.)

Maddie POV:
I woke up to voices in my room. I was still tired so I didn't open my eyes.

"God is she ever gonna wake up?" A voice sounding like Kade mumbled.

"Quiet, it's her birthday we're not waking her." Sam told him. Then it hit me. It's my birthday. My 16th birthday in fact.

I slowly opened my eyes to see all my brothers, dad, and a very pregnant Mirabella, standing in my room with balloons and a cake. They didn't see my eyes open yet so I mumbled "Morning."

They all looked at me shocked that I was a wake and spring into action.  My dad lit the candles on the cake, and they sung me happy birthday. Halfway in the song I sat up on the bed.

"—Happy Birthday dear Maddie, Happy Birthday to you."  They all screamed, Colton held the last note as long as possible than gasped for air.

"Morning Principessa," my father told me and I smiled. They all walked out of my room so I could change. I went to my closet and asked myself what I wanted to wear. I ended up deciding on a maroon Thrasher tee that I stole from Kade, jeans and white vans.

^^^The outfit

^^^The outfit

I walked downstairs and saw a bunch of balloons and banners. I smiled, and walked into the dinning room. I was about to sit at my spot at the dinning room table when Maddox came up behind me and kissed the top of my head.

"Hold on Mads, birthday girl gets to sit at the head of the table." Maddox told me. I walked over and sat where he used to so, which was now Mirabella's spot. "Perfect, now what do you want for breakfast?"

"Mmmmm can I have some chocolate chip pancakes?" I replied.

"You got it sis." Maddox replied. "I'll tell Lucinda." After a while we Lucinda brought me my pancakes, which were heavenly by the way and I started eating.

After a while I was almost finished when Mirabella flinched. "Ahhhhhh" she yelled.

My father immediately got up and ran to her. "Are you okay Mia Regina?"

"Mom are you alright?" Alex asked.

Mirabella continued to yell in pain, until she finally stopped and made a scared face. She looked up at my father. "I think my water just broke."

"Kids get to the car, Noah grab the go bag!" My father yelled. Mirabella was set to have the baby next week so we packed a go bag just incase. "Maddox, help me take your mother to the car. Everyone else meet us at the hospital!"

My dad, mom, and Maddox ran to the car and drove off. My brothers and I grabbed the go bag and got into the cars. The twins and Elias went together and Sam, Colton, Kade, and I went in the other.

We were driving to the hospital quickly when I decided to ask my brothers "What do you think the gender will be?" My dad and mom wanted to be a surprise, so we didn't know yet. We all helped make baby names, we decided on Aria if it was a girl and Lennox if it was a boy (Lennox was my idea).

We arrived at the hospital to find out our mother already went into labor. We were all in the waiting room, except for our father, waiting to see the baby. An hour later my father walked out into the waiting area. We all stood up.

"Kids there's someone I want you too meet." My father told us ushering us into the room, where our mother laid holding a little baby. "Kids this is your new baby brother, Lennox."

^^^Lennox Valentino

^^^Lennox Valentino

All of us silently walked around the bed to take a look at our little baby brother. "Do you guys wanna hold him?" Mirabella asked. We all nodded. My father picked him up and placed him carefully in each of our arms.

Finally it was my turn, I held him so carefully like he was made of glass, I slightly bounced him up and down in my arms. "Hey Lennox, I'm your big sister, Maddie." I kissed him on the forehead. "This is the best birthday present ever."

Soon after a male nurse walked in. "Hi, sorry, I'm here to take him to get some shots." He held out his arms and I looked at my father until he gave me the look to give my baby brother too him.

He smiled and as he was walking out I turned to my family and said "I'm going to use the restroom." I walked out the door when I saw the nurse taking him towards the outside exit. I was confused for a second until I noticed the man was wearing boots, that didn't seem to be standard issue for hospitals. I continued to walk behind him in the hall when I realized, he wasn't a nurse at all, he was someone sent to try to kidnap my baby brother. "HEY YOU WAIT! SOMEONE HELP!"

He saw me and started running down the hall, I sprinted towards him and he made it outside and started running to a car. I chased after him and on my way I found a syringe of Diazepam. I grabbed it and ran to the car. as he was putting Lennox in the back seat I injected him with the Diazepam. He passed out instantly.

My family, except Mirabella, came running out to the parking lot where I was. I grabbed Lennox and help him in my arms, he was crying but when I held him he stopped. "Shhhhh you're okay now baby, I got you." I soothed him.

"Maddie! What's wrong?" Alex yelled running up to us. "Is that Lennox?"

I looked at them. "The nurse isn't a nurse. He came here to kidnap Lennox."

"Oh my god," my father came running towards me and I handed him the baby. "God Mads. Thank god you were here." He kissed me on the forehead. "You really are amazing Principessa."

My father took out his phone and called his men to take the kidnapper in for questioning. I walked towards my brothers.

"Jeez Mads. Thank god you caught him" Colton told me.

"I can't believe none of us noticed." Elias added.

We walked back inside and saw Mirabella. "WHAT HAPPENED?!" She screamed.

"The nurse tried to kidnap Lennox. Maddie stopped him." My father replied.

A small "Oh my god" escaped Mirabella's lips. "Thank you Maddison. You really are amazing."

"Okay everyone listen up. I don't know how this happened today. But it's not happening again. From now on, Maddie and Lennox will not be without one of us at all times. I will be upping security. I don't know who sent him to kidnap Lennox, but I will find out. Until then stay together, I don't know how powerful this new threat is. Understood?" My father told us.

"Yes." All my brothers responded.