Chapter 37 - Hostage

(A/N: Just realized I never showed you guys what Dimitri Ivanov looks like so his picture is below this.)

^^^Dimitri Ivanov

^^^Dimitri Ivanov

Maddie POV:
It's been a week since my graduation, I still can't believe I'm not in high school anymore. I woke up early since today was Colton's nineteen birthday. I still can't believe time has gone by so fast, it feels like just yesterday I was moving into the house and Elias was nineteen.

I got up and got dressed and went downstairs to meet the rest of my family, ready to decorate for his birthday. We had a few bags of decor, that we strung up all over the place. Once done, it looked great. We heard footsteps down the stairs we all got ready to say "SUPRISE!" We all yelled at the top of our lungs.

However Colton had a scared face on, that wouldn't result from saying surprise. His hands were also behind his head. He mouthed something to me, he was telling me to run.

After a second we could all tell why he was scared. A man with a gun was holding it up to him. We all stiffened and I grabbed Knox and held him to me. "Cole?" I asked terrified. My brothers and father immediately pushed me behind them and grabbed their weapons.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The man spoke, just then red dots appeared on all of our clothes. He had snipers in the house. "Go on, put them down." My brothers and father obeyed and dropped the guns. He started pushing Cole down the stairs to meet us, once Colton was close I immediately pulled him towards me and I stood there terrified next to my brother.

Once we were all weaponless, someone clapping came down the steps. It was Dimitri Ivanov. "Hello Lorenzo." He said smirking. Suddenly he pulled a canister and threw it at us. Smoke began to come out and I could feel myself becoming tired. I knew exactly what it was and I quickly put Knox down so I wouldn't drop him. It was knock out gas. Dimitri but a mask on to prevent him from passing out and soon enough, I was out like a light.

Colton POV:
I awoke drowsy and within a few seconds the events from this morning came back. I quickly opened my eyes and tried to move my arms but I couldn't. I looked down to see myself tied to a chair. I looked around and all of my family, except Knox, were tied to chairs in a circle. I immediately got nervous, my baby brother wasn't with us. What if he was dead. No Colton, don't think like that.

The second to wake up was Maddie, who was next to me. She seemed terrified too, before the rest of our family woke up, Dimitri walked in.

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY BABY BROTHER!" Maddie yelled.

Dimitri walked up to her and answered, "Don't worry, the baby is fine. I have plans for him, plans that I can't complete if he is dead. Take solis in knowing he will be the only Valentino left." What did that mean? What plans. Before I could process what was happening, Dimitri injected Maddie with something.

"Hey! What are you doing to her?" I yelled.

Dimitri walked over in front of me and punched me in the stomach. "It's not her turn to wake up yet." He told me, I didn't know what that meant but I didn't like the sound of it. "Now let's have some fun."

He started to punch me and kick me. He grabbed a knife and cut my shoulder a bit. He was having fun, but I would rather him torture me than anybody else in my family. However that didn't last long. Every time someone else woke up, he would go torture them for a minute then put them back to sleep and go back to me. I wondered why he was going after me, but I figured it's because his father had a vendetta about killing me, since for most of my life I was the youngest.

After what felt like a eternity I could see Maddie waking up. I got scared, I couldn't watch him torture my sister. Lucky as she was waking up, Dimitri was turned around. I shook my head at her signaling her to pretend to be asleep. She closed her her eyes and pretended but, I could see a tear drop from her eye. Probably from her seeing me in this state.

Dimitri got a call on his cell phone and I'll I heard was "Well then get rid of them." Dimitri said walking out the room, as one of his men walked in. "Finish them." Dimitri told his man. While walking out, my entire family started to wake up. "Well look who's awake."

My brothers, mom, and dad gasped when they saw my face, which undoubtedly looked terrible. Although most of them had black eyes and bruises themselves. "You like Dimitri's handwork." Dimitri's man commented waving his hand towards me.

"That son of a bitch." My mother yelled, tears forming in her eyes. Dimitri's man walked over and slapped her in the face.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" My father yelled pulling on his restraints.

"Well this has been fun. Truly. But I'm afraid all fun must come to a end. They say revenge is sweet, let's find out." Dimitri's man said moving his hand to his waist band. He turned his head to me. I guess he figured I was the first to go. "You want to say goodbye, Colton?" He smirked.

It was like slow motion. Every emotion was going right now. "I love you guys." I simply stated. I acted strong for them. For Maddie. But on the inside I was terrified. I didn't want to die. I didn't want my family to die. I took a deep breath in and breathed out.

I heard the gun cock. "NO!" Maddie and my family sobbed. I closed my eyes and prepared myself. It's been a great nineteen years I thought to myself.

Then the deafening sound of a gunshot filled the room.