1: Prologue

This story is mostly gonna be in Y/N's P.O.V., but it starts off in 3rd person
I hope you like it :)))

3rd P.O.V.

Everything seemed to be going wrong for Sam and Dean Winchester.
At first it was stupid little things, like Sam burning food or Dean knocking a stack of plates over, all of them shattering. Mary had laughed at Dean's clumsiness, only to knock two mugs off the side in the process.
Lots of small inconveniences over several weeks, until they seemed to get bigger.
Sam spending 3 days in hospital, before Cas could heal him, thanks to a hunting injury.
Dean going for a drive in the Impala and she broke down, miles from home.

"I don't understand what is happening. The Impala just stopped?" Castiel asked the brothers over the phone, Sam and Dean sat at a table in the bunker.
Mary was out with Jack on a 'training' hunt, Castiel attempting to find information on the bad luck streak.

"Yeah." Dean grumbled.
"I checked everything, the engine, the gas, I don't know what's wrong with her, but my baby isn't starting up anytime soon."

"The past few months-"

"We've run out of luck?" Dean looked down to his phone, at his best friend's contact name.
"Yeah, we noticed and whatever it is I hope it ends soon. Me, Mom, Sam, we all have stupid bad luck, but you and Jack seem to be just fine."

"It can't be a cursed object, we haven't come into contact with anything remotely cursed recently- well, unless you count Dean's search history." Sam snickered and Dean rolled his eyes.

"The warlock I just met didn't know anything about a bad luck curse, but he gave me names of people who might. It might take me a few days, but- hang on." The brothers exchanged a look, seconds before there was muffled speaking and a yell. The call failed and Dean snatched up the phone, attempting to call Cas back.

"The number you are trying to reach has been disconnected-" The older Winchester slammed the phone down on the table.

"Disconnected. Something's happened." Dean stood up and Sam looked at him, unsure.

"I don't know, Dean. Maybe he dropped his phone and it broke?" Sam was exhausted, that was no secret. Sammy's unfortunate luck also came with mild insomnia. He barely slept as it was, but thanks to whatever was going on, he was thankful if he got 2 hours a night.

"You heard the yell, we're going to get him. Come on." Dean stood, leaving the library with Sam trailing behind him. Cas was only about 4 hours north of Lebanon, so there wasn't any point in packing their bags.
Dean walked over to the Impala and opened the trunk, throwing a few weapons into a duffel.

"Do you hear that?" Sam asked, a confused look on his face.

"Hear what, Sam? First you were seeing a rabbit in the kitchen and now you're hearing things? You haven't slept a lot recently-" Dean began, only to get shushed by Sam. He moved forward and opened the door to the driver's seat of the Impala, the sound becoming much clearer now.
Sam reached into the glove compartment and pulled out the ringing phone, just as it stopped.
"That's dad's old phone." Dean spoke the obvious, neither of them really wanting to find out who called. It began to ring again and Sam automatically flipped it open, looking at the contact name.

"Y/N L/N?" Sam looked at his brother, who simply shrugged. Sam answered and put the phone on speaker, not knowing what to expect.

"John, shit! I've called you like 15 times! I need your help. I messed up and I don't know what to do." The sound of a panicked woman caused both of their eyes to widen.
"I know you said to never call you again, but this is a mess, John, they-"

"Slow down." Sam spoke, feeling like he had to help the person on the phone.
"John Winchester passed away a long time ago, this is son, Sam." Dean threw his arms up, feeling a little left out, but Sam glared at him, a silent warning to keep his mouth shut.
"Can you tell me what's happened?" The phone went dead as Y/N hung up on them.

"Can you track it?" Dean asked and Sam threw him the phone, saying something about going to grab his laptop. The younger brother rushed towards the door as Dean closed his duffle of weapons and threw it in the old mustang. Sam came back, holding his laptop and opening it on the front of the car. He took the flip phone from his brother and typed away, Dean staying silent.

"Dean." Sam whispered, his brother coming to his side.
"The call came from Lawrence, Kansas."

"That's right around the corner from where we used to live." Dean muttered, looking at the laptop.
"That Y/N chick sounded panicked and Cas can handle himself, right? Like you said it, might be nothing."

"We're ditching Cas to look into Y/N?" Sam sounded surprised.

"Cas can hold his own. For all we know, Y/N could be a scared 20-something year old with monsters on her back."