9: "Witch Doctor"

Y/N's P.O.V.

With the help of Cas' directions, I managed to make it to the garage without getting completely lost. I opened the door, my eyes scanning the room, seeing Dean stood by an old black car, beer in his hand.

"What's up?" Dean looked at me, then down at the plate in my hands.

"Jack helped me make pie, I thought you'd want some?" His eyes lit up and I reminded myself to thank Cas later for the suggestion. I moved towards him and handed him the plate.
"It's apple and cinnamon."

"Woah." I turned my attention from Dean to the black car that practically sparkled.
"Son of a bitch, you made this?"

"Yeah? Is it okay?" I asked nervously. I hadn't made pie in a long time.

"Y/N, this is amazing. The best pie I've had in ages." I felt my cheeks heat up from the compliment.

"So this is your car?" I changed the subject, not used to getting compliments.
"She's beautiful."

"Yeah, she's my baby." Dean smiled proudly.
"She belonged to my- our dad."

"Well you've done good keeping her in shape." I walked around the car.
"Sam said you were having some trouble with her?"

"Yeah, that's stupid rabbit stopped her running." Dean mumbled, mouth full of pie.

"Hey, the fairy didn't know what he was doing, he was just a baby." I defended.
"Mind if I take a look at the engine?"

"I've just introduced you my girl and you want to take a look under her skirt?" Dean teased, before I rolled my eyes.
"It's fine, here." He popped open the hood and I had to admit I was impressed with how well kept everything was.

"Thy don't make cars like this anymore." I glanced at Dean and he hummed.
"If I had to take a guess, I'd say late 60s?"

"67." Dean smirked and I closed the hood.
"I was about to check if she was ready to start up, just before you came in. Want to do the honours?"

"Please?" Dean threw me the keys and I opened the door, slipping inside.

"Y/N, meet Baby. Sweetheart, this is Y/N." Dean looked at me as I started up the engine.

"I'm in love." I muttered as the engine roared to life.

~

"I don't know what you're doing, but it's working." Mary said to me as we finished preparing dinner.
"I haven't seen all the boys this happy in a while. Even Dean has that stupid grin on his face and it doesn't look like it's fading anytime soon."

"I'm not doing anything." I shrugged.

"You're doing something and you gotta keep it up. The past few months have been crazy and I think they needed a change of pace. You've been here two days and any one of them would do anything for you." I smiled a little.

"Yeah, well it's a funny thing because I'd do anything for them." I looked at her and she nodded her head.

"I'm headed out on a hunt tomorrow, I'm meeting an old friend. I haven't told the boys yet, but do you think you can hold the fort?" I nodded my head and we finished playing everything up, before picking the plates up and taking them out to the boys.

"Ugh, thank god. I thought I was gonna starve to death." Dean groaned as Mary put his plate down.

"You are a slice of pie 20 minutes ago." I sassed and everyone laughed.

"Shut up." Dean muttered and I went back for mine and Mary's plates. The older woman thanked me quietly as I sat next to Cas at the table.

"This is really good." Sam said with a mouthful of chicken, causing Jack to pull a disgusted face.

"Y/N, can you stop being good at everything?" Dean sounded serious and I rolled my eyes.

"And I'm not good at everything." I argued.

"You're good with your magic. You remember everything." Sam said.

"And you seemed to know what you were doing when you were taking a look at baby." Dean added.

"You're a skilled fighter." Cas looked at me and I didn't know how to take all the compliments.

"You're really nice." Jack smiled and I groaned.

"I have a PhD in Biochemistry, that helps me understand my magic more and I took a few mechanics classes when I was getting my PhD. I've been cooking for myself since I was a kid and my mother made me learn to fight from a young age." I explained.
"I'm not good at everything, I just know what I am good at and I focus on it."

"You have a PhD... so you're technically a doctor?" Mary looked surprised.

"Hold up." Dean grinned, barely holding back laughter.
"You're telling me that Y/N is the witch doctor?" Sam laughed with his brother and the other three looked confused.

"I don't understand why it's so funny." Jack mumbled.

"It's a reference to a stupid song. Ignore them." I sighed and Mary looked at me in amusement.

"Hey witch doctor!" Dean looked at me, tears in his eyes.

"Give us the magic words?" Sam wheezed.
I raised my hand and they fell quiet. I took their voices away, which seemed to amuse Cas, Jack, Mary and myself a lot more than them.
Dean put his hands on his throat as he looked at me in panic.

"If I hear one joke, I'm taking your voices permanently." I flicked my wrist and they could speak again.