24: "Maybe It's Angels"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Jack?" I asked softly, looking at the nephilim-sized lump of blankets. He didn't move and I sighed, closing the door behind me as I let myself in the room. I sat in the end of his bed, looking at the floor. He sniffled slightly and I frowned.
"I know you're upset with me right now and that's okay. I just want you to know I'm not going anywhere, not unless you come with me."

"Promise?" He asked quietly and I smiled a little, seeing him sit up.

"I promise." I opened my arms for a hug and he buried his face in my neck as he hugged me and I laughed a little.
"Want to come and get milkshakes with me? We can go for a drive and hang out for a while."

"Can Cas come too?" Jack asked and I laughed a little.

"Yeah, if he wants to." I kissed his head, causing him to smile at me.
"Come on, lets go find him. He's probably being interrogated by Dean and Sam."

"Why?" Jack asked innocently as we left his room.

"They found out about Cas and I dating and Dean had a million and one questions. I snuck away to come and apologise to you." Jack laughed slightly.

"That's a lot of questions." He mumbled and I shook my head. It didn't take too long before we found a tired looking Cas with Dean, who was grinning like an idiot.

"Cas I'm taking Jack out for a drive, you want to come?" I asked and he stood up instantly, Dean pouting.

"Am I not invited?" He asked and I laughed.

"No." He narrowed his eyes at me, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a set of keys.

"Take baby, but take care of her, Y/N." He said seriously, throwing the keys to me.
"She needs some juice though, if you're going for a drive and don't be too long, Charlie wants a movie night."

"Thanks, Dean. Don't die whilst we're gone." Cas took my hand and Dean gave me a bitchface.

"Ha ha, you're hilarious." Dean deadpanned and I pulled Cas towards the garage.

"Where are we going?" Cas asked curiously.

"We're just grabbing milkshakes and driving around, my apology for being stupid enough to think leaving was a good idea." I gave Jack a small smile.
"But we're not going to the diner, I know this little place not too far from here, I think you'll like it." We got in the car, Cas sitting shotgun and Jack in the backseat. The drive was comfortably quiet, the hum of the engine soothing after the day's events. We stopped for gas, before continuing to the the small ice cream parlour I had found after going for a drive one night.

"I don't understand?" Jack looked confused and Cas was looking at the building with a slight squint.

"I know it's in the middle of nowhere, but the ice cream is amazing." I shrugged.

"And you don't think a random ice cream parlour in the middle of nowhere is suspicious?" Cas looked at me with a slightly amused expression.

"As a hunter and witch, definitely. As someone who likes ice cream, no, should I?" I looked at the angel.

"There's warding all over the building. Enochian warding. I can feel it from here." Cas explained.
"There's something else too, older warding, sigils that haven't been used in centuries."

"Right, so you're telling me I get to investigate creepy sigils and get a milkshake? Awesome." I grinned.
"I'll go in, get 3 milkshakes to go and we can figure out what's going on. What do you guys want?"

~

"This is an old protection sigil, see?" I traced the ink on the paper, showing Jack.
Whilst I was inside getting the milkshakes, Cas and Jack had found pens and paper, drawing out as many sigils as they could and I was surprised to see many that I recognised.
"I remember I drew this one above my bed when I was... 16? It's supposed to protect you from evil spirits."

"Why would it be painted on the side of an ice cream parlour?" Jack asked and I sighed.

"I don't know. I've seen most of these individually, but together doesn't really make sense. Unless the business belongs to a retired hunter or a coven of witches, I'm out of ideas." I sighed.

"Or maybe it's angels." Cas spoke carefully.

"You think angels warded a building against pretty much everything- including angels?" I asked in confusion and Cas nodded.

"After we all fell, many angels chose to live as humans. Most were rounded up and returned to heaven, but there were a few that got away. There's rumours some angels stored away their grace and there was no way to trace them." Cas looked at the sigils.
"I have an idea."