12: "I'm Scared, Cas"

Slight Trigger Warning - Abusive parenting//memories

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" I muttered, looking at the angel. Dean was snoring loudly on one bed whilst Cas and I sat on the other.

"Yes, it will be completely painless as long as you're willing to do this. You just have to concentrate on the memories and we will be able to view them." I nodded my head in understanding.
"When you're ready, lay down and close your eyes." I took a few breaths, before doing as instructed, before Cas' hand touched my head and I concentrated on the memories of my mother.

___

"Get up! Y/N, come on!" My mother scolded, opening the curtains. It was still dark out, but it didn't seem to matter to her.
"If you're not downstairs within 5 minutes, I'm going to throw away your breakfast." She stormed out of the room and I groaned as I sat up. I pulled myself out of bed, looking in the mirror and cringing at my appearance.
The bandages on my neck needed changing and I had a black eye forming.
I managed to get dressed, wincing when I moved too quick, still incredibly sore from yesterday's training.
"Y/N!"

"Good morning, mother." I muttered as I sat at the table, pulling the plate of cold toast towards me.

"Y/N, you're 12 years old, you should be faster at getting ready by now." I nodded my head, knowing she was right.
"Today you're going to be working on your magic. I want you to read the books I've left out for you by lunchtime, or you're not eating."

___

"Mother! I can't!" I yelled, backing into the corner of the basement.
"I can't do it! Please!"

"If you don't cast the spell you're going to die." She replied coldly and I looked at the Ghoul with fear in my eyes. I tried to cast the spell again, but I couldn't.
"Y/N, I'm not bailing you out of this. He's going to break those chains and come for you. You're going to die if you don't kill him first." The Ghoul pulled on the chains and I felt sick as they snapped.

___

"I'm sorry!" I whimpered as I fell back against the table.

"You had to embarrass me like that, didn't you? You're unbelievable." My mother scoffed.
"What were you thinking?"

"One of the other kids asked if I wanted to play with them. I was going to ask you, but you were talking to Rowena and I didn't want to interrupt you." I looked down.
"I shouldn't have left your side."

"No, you shouldn't have." The back of her hand made contact with my face and I felt one of her rings cut into my cheek.
"You're not a child, Y/N. You're 17. Your behaviour was disgusting. If you ever do anything like that again, I won't hesitate to kill you. I can always make more daughters."

"Mother, I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I don't care." She spat.
"Go up to your room and don't bother coming down for dinner, as punishment for your behaviour you're not allowed to eat for 3 days. Maybe then you'll learn not to run off and act like a child."

___

I blinked a few times, sitting up in the dark motel room. I wiped my tear soaked tears and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Y/N..." Cas began, a hurt look in his eyes. He reached out and I flinched away from him. He moved some of my hair out of my face.
"You're safe here. No one is going to hurt you."

"I'm scared, Cas." I admitted.
"She's alive and stronger than me. If she finds me and tries anything-"

"You won't be alone." He spoke softly.
"Your mother might be stronger than you, but you have us now. You don't have to be scared." My phone buzzed and I picked it up, seeing a text from Jack. We had text a little in the car and I had saved his number.
I showed the phone to Cas, causing a small smile to appear on his face. I typed a reply, shifting to sit next to Cas properly.

Jack:
Are you okay?

Yeah I'm okay
It's late you should get some sleep

Jack:
I'm not tired
You should be sleeping you're the one on a hunt

I'll be fine
I don't sleep much anyway

"He really cares about you." Cas looked down at the phone.
"You two have a special bond."

"I'm just trying to be a better person than my mother ever was and I feel like I have to look out for him." Cas nodded his head in understanding.

"You don't need to try, you already are a better person." Dean suddenly snored loudly and I jumped a little, Cas looking amused.
"Jack is right, you should try and get some sleep. I'll be right here if you need anything."

"Thanks, Cas."