33: "Missed You Too, Cas"

Y/N's P.O.V.

A soft beeping sound brought me back to consciousness, my body hurting everywhere. I opened my eyes, looking around the hospital room in confusion. Jack was asleep in the chair next to my bed, snoring softly, but the other chair was completely empty. I sighed, looking out of the window, seeing the sun rising, just as the door opened and a nurse walked in, giving me a small smile.

"It's good to see you awake. How are you feeling?" She asked quietly.

"What happened?" I asked and she frowned momentarily.

"We're not entirely sure. Your body attempted to shut itself down, your organs were failing and we had to move you into intensive care, but then all of a sudden you began to recover." She looked at the beeping machine.
"I've never seen anything like it."

"How long have I been in here?" I asked worriedly.

"Two days or so, you have a really supportive family. Your husband and son refused to leave your side. In fact, your husband is just outside, talking to your brothers, if you want me to bring them in?" I nodded my head and she left the room.

"Jack." I looked at the nephilim and he stirred slightly.
"Jack?" His eyes opened slightly and he blinked a few times, before looking at me.
"Heya." He jumped up and took my hand, his blue eyes wide and full of hope.

"You're okay, I didn't know if you were going to wake up." He looked like he had just had a bad nightmare and was hoping someone would tell him it wasn't real.
"I was so worried and scared. I thought I lost another mom." I pulled his hand, wanting him to come closer.

"I'm not going anywhere, Jack." He moved onto the bed next to me, putting his head on my shoulder. I kissed the top of his head and the door opened suddenly, revealing Cas, who looked a lot messier than usual, Sam and Dean.
"Okay, I know I almost died, but I somehow don't feel worse than I did on New Years." That hangover was the worst I had ever had. Even Cas was feeling hungover and it took a lot to get him drunk.

"You're an idiot." Cas glared at me, stepping forward, before leaning down and kissing me, but I could tell he was mad.
"What were you thinking?"

"Missed you too, Cas." I muttered, wanting to change the subject.

"Y/N, you know how dangerous it is to mix magic. If it wasn't for Rowena, you would have died." Cas scolded and Jack sat up slightly.

"Cas is right, Y/N." Dean sighed.
"We almost lost you, what were you even doing mixing magic?"

"I've been doing it for a few weeks." I confessed.
"It was fine at first, just small experiments, nothing even remotely dangerous.
Then I remembered when Dean died and how helpless I was. This life is dangerous for all of us. I was trying to create a healing spell, of sorts. Nothing as extreme as bringing the dead back to life, but more like a last resort thing." I sighed.
"And I did it, I completed the spell, it just needs testing, but I felt myself getting weaker. I thought it would stop after a while, but the more of my own magic I used, the worse it got."

"That makes sense because you were fine before you started the tracking spell and then you weren't." Dean looked at me.

"The tracking spell..." I winced as I sat up.
"Did you find them-"

"Jody, Donna and Alex are fine." Dean interrupted.
"They were all taken by the same nest of vampires, looking for revenge after the girls had wiped out another nest they were friendly with."

"I don't understand why you didn't just come to us, Y/N?" Sam looked at me with sad eyes.
"We could have helped."

"I didn't think I needed it." I laughed a little.
"I'm sorry." I looked at Cas.
"I really am. I just want to go home."

"The doctor wants to do a few more tests, but we should be able to get you out of here by lunchtime." Sam gave me a small smile and I relaxed.

"You all look exhausted." I looked at Jack then at my brothers.
"Go and get some sleep, I'm not going anywhere."

"Come on, kid." Dean said to Jack, who hesitated, before standing up.

"Cas?" Jack asked.

"I'll stay." The angel spoke.
"Go and get some rest." The three boys left and Cas' fingers locked with mine.
"I missed you."

"I missed you too, Cas. I love you."

"I love you too."