22: "Honey And Stuff"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Try not to get killed again anytime soon, the paperwork this is going to cost me is already painful enough." The demon mumbled and looked at me as Dean gasped, sitting up.

"Dean?" Sam asked and our older brother looked at him, before Sam hugged him tightly. I looked down at the ground as Cas, Jack, Charlie and Sam all greeted Dean back to the land of the living. Charlie hit his arm and Dean looked confused.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a secret sister? Was I supposed to guess or did you plan to tell me?" Charlie scolded and and Dean turned to look at me. I gave him a small smile and he returned it.

"Well, Squirrel, now you're up and breathing, I'll take my leave." Crowley took my hand gently.
"How lovely to meet you, Honeybee." He brought it up to his lips, but before he could do anything, Cas grabbed his wrist. Crowley let go of my hand and I wrapped my arms around myself. Cas let go of him, Crowley smirking like the Cheshire Cat, before disappearing.

"Does anyone want to tell me what the fuck just happened?" Dean mumbled.

~

"Hey, Y/N?" I looked up from my book, seeing Charlie with a shy smile on her face.
I was in the movie room, originally planning to avoid everyone and read for a while, but then Jack had come in to ask if I was okay and fallen asleep with his head in my lap.

"What's up?" I asked softly and Charlie sat on the other couch, looking at me, before looking at Jack hesitantly.
"He's asleep, don't worry."

"How long have you and Cas been together?" My eyes shot open and I almost choked on air, causing her to smile.
"He followed you out of the garage, looking worried and I saw you guys hugging, then he was obviously jealous in front of Crowley, which is why Crowley called you honeybee."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Cas really likes bees. He kinda was crazy for a while and collected honey and stuff, Dean told me about it. He'd follow bees around for hours, completely amazed by them." She smiled.
"He had that same amazed look when he told Crowley who you were. So how long has it been?"

"Two months, but no one knows except Jack, you and apparently the king of Hell." She laughed a little.
"Jack walked in on us kissing last night and I had to very awkwardly explain he had to keep it to himself."

"I'm sure the boys wouldn't have a problem with it, they're pretty open minded." She smiled and I shrugged.

"It doesn't matter anyway." I looked down at Jack.
"I'm leaving and I'm probably not coming back."

"What?" Charlie looked at me in shock.

"Sam said some stuff and I knew it was out of anger, but he was right." I sighed.
"Dean died today and yeah, he's okay now, but what if it happens again and he doesn't come back? What if it's Jack next time? Or Cas? Or Sam? Or even Mary? I've been on my own for a long time, because I was scared of losing people I cared about."

"So you're just going to leave? And lose everyone all at once?" Charlie shook her head.
"I know what it's like to lose people, Y/N, but running away isn't going to make things better. I'd know, I've been running away since I was a kid and it only makes things worse. The boys made me realise I couldn't keep running and my life has been better, because of it, because of them."

"I'm not running away, I just-"

"You are." Charlie looked at me, an understanding look in her eyes.
"And I can't stop you, but look around at what you have here. You've got a family that love you, are you ready to leave that behind?"